PDA

View Full Version : Should i visit a friend tomorrow who has just returned from africa?

GirlAfraid23
12-04-12, 22:44
My friend has been in africa for a month, she emailed me saying she has been sick everyday & thinks its the malaria tablets she was taking plus the heat.
I'm worried if I should go & see her tomorrow, she only came back a day ago. is it likely i could catch something from her? My health anxiety kicking in as usual.

Deepest Blue
13-04-12, 00:07
Hi ya,

I can totally understand you feeling apprehensive about possibly contracting something if a person hasn't been well, however it probably is a combination of meds and the climate over there...

Maybe suggest you go and see your friend once they have settled back home and feeling better, I'm sure she's going to be very tired and could do with the rest anyway...

Take Care

Pipkin
13-04-12, 01:53
Hi there,

I understand your concerns and I'd probably feel the same. Could you give her a ring and have a good chat with her. Wait a couple of days until she's feeling a bit better and then go and see her. Deepest Blue's right, she'll be tired anyway and probably needs a bit of time to recuperate.

Take care

Pip x

Em84
13-04-12, 07:40
Hiya

My husbands been in the army for a really long time and around two years ago he and some other boys I know (friends husbands) went to Kenya for 6 week on an exercise thing.

I remember some people saying the malaria tabs were nasty...my neighbours husband got sent home after 2 weeks as he was really unwell on them tablets....

I wouldn't worry, as said above it's prob the pills and the heat....

Xxx

GirlAfraid23
13-04-12, 10:01
Well I contacted her this morning & said maybe we should leave it as she's only just got back & should maybe rest up. She text back straight away & said she wanted to see me
& didn't feel too tired.
So looks like I will be going today then.
Does anyone think I can catch anything ? She's had all the jabs but I'm worried there's other things you can catch

Pipkin
13-04-12, 10:20
Hi there,

I'm sure you'll be fine - I was more concerned that you'll start to think you've caught something afterwards.

Go and have a good chat with her, you'll enjoy it.

Pip x