PDA

View Full Version : Considering Suicide / Heroin

mctavish
13-04-12, 01:24
I posted once before here and didnt get many replies. I have seen the doctor twice without being given anything, not only do i have daily panic attacks i also have Post traumatic stress disorder and am treated by the quacks awfully.

So what did i do? I started buying from the street, now considering ive worked in Iraq for 5 years and i cant get a job here doing anything buying valium off your dole money is a disgrace. Not only that i started buying anying, xanax, clonazepam, codeine, lsd the lot, ive lost it , i havent had a panic attacks since my first valium, if i feel it coming i take one simple.

Recently i split up with a long term gf, met another girl and got dumped again. I'm beyond hopeless now i dont know what to do where to go? My housing situation (living with parents) makes it worse because they cause so many attacks without even knowing it. And so my friend was telling me if your a junkie not only do you get more money you get better housing etc, i told the last doctor that if i was a junkie youd bend over backwards and help me.

Anyway a rant ,someone help me please just help me.

Pipkin
13-04-12, 01:37
Hi there,

My take on this is that you need to stop and take a step back. Think about what you're doing and where it's going to lead. What you really need is good support from a doctor - this may be medication but it might also be therapy of some sort, or most likely both.

Try writing a logical list of how you feel, what your symptoms are and how often they affect you. Read these out logically to your GP and remember to stay calm and be clear that you really need help. If your own GP isn't helping, consider changing to either another at your practice or changing practices.

Please don't do anything hasty - there is always a way through though it's sometimes difficult to see it.

Take care

Pip

mctavish
13-04-12, 01:49
Hi there,

My take on this is that you need to stop and take a step back. Think about what you're doing and where it's going to lead. What you really need is good support from a doctor - this may be medication but it might also be therapy of some sort, or most likely both.

Try writing a logical list of how you feel, what your symptoms are and how often they affect you. Read these out logically to your GP and remember to stay calm and be clear that you really need help. If your own GP isn't helping, consider changing to either another at your practice or changing practices.

Please don't do anything hasty - there is always a way through though it's sometimes difficult to see it.

Take care

Pip

Cheers Pip, they did set me up for a therapy sessions but that will be a month after id seen the second doctor. I hope it has some effect. THanks

Pipkin
13-04-12, 01:57
Hi,

Therapy is proven to be much more effective than medication so your GP is pointing you in the right direction. Many GPs go straight to medication as it's easier but yours isn't doing that.

Having said that, therapy and medication together can be very effective so that's always an option.

Take care

Pip

Em84
13-04-12, 08:09
Hi Mctav

Therapy is def something to give a go here....you said you worked in Iraq for 5 years...were you Army or doing CP work?
My HA started around 2 years ago and got to it's worst stage after my husband was sent to Afghan for 6 months....After 8 weeks he got shot and I had the lovely visit from the suits telling me, luckily he was ok and it should have been an III where I could have been told over the phone but I was in a right mess,....

He's getting out in September after 13 years and unfortunately he is going to do CP work...his course is this month.....Obv this worries me cas if it all fall through then what we he do for work...

Sounds like your going through a really hard time at the moment....did the doctor mention anything about depression?

Xxx

Anxious_gal
13-04-12, 11:56
The meds will make you worse .
Have you considered rehab ?
Insurance usually covers the private ones .
Or maybe go into the hospital for a while ?
If you're considering killing yourself you might as well try something new , it'd be good to be away from home n the drugs n around doctors to help you sort out all your thoughts and feelings .
I hear EMDR is good for PTSD.
Depression lies to you , remember that!
Your self worth needs to come from within , not from people around you.
Depression makes you take everything personally.
Having gone through it myself you have to save yourself !
It's hard but you need to be vurnerable n reach out for help , n keep trying until you get it!
Getting out n talking to people , maybe go to AA or one of those groups .
Hearing peoples stories that sound like yours will be good .
You'll feel less alone :)