PDA

View Full Version : lymph node really starting to peeve me off now

PinkRoxy
13-04-12, 07:53
I have this lymph node in my neck its a little lump and for the last month its been a little bit flared. Its not as flared as it use to be but its there still.

Lately its just been aching and aching and wont go away but it does come and go but it keeps coming back. It is really bothering me. I had t make a doctors appt for me next week.

Does anyone get this problem with theirs? what things do you do to help it?

Em84
13-04-12, 08:20
Hi Hun

Have you had any cold or virus's recently....I know they can become swollen due to this...a virus can take weeks to prop leave your body even if you feel better....def ask the doctor but I don't think you will need to worry....

Xxx

PinkRoxy
13-04-12, 10:09
I had a bad spout of hayfever with itchy eyes and a sore throat, on lora clear tablets and kind of cleared up I also take flixonase everyday. Still get a sore throat on and off but apart from that i am fine I have lots of energy and dont feel unwell at all just this pain in my neck.

Pipkin
13-04-12, 10:28
Hi Pink,

Have you read this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113090

You might find it useful

Pip x

mike_coventry_uk
13-04-12, 10:52
I have had a node up in my neck/collarbone area now for nearly a year....I like you worried myself sick at first and had at least 6 people check before I had peace in my mind it was fine.health anxiety makes you doubt even the people who train all their lives to give u medical help. Believe in what they say,it may always be there but unless it increases in size don't fear.

Sometimes nodes that enlarge after infection just don't go back down, this is called a SHOTTY NODE if you want to google it you can! It's harmless and unless the node is larger in diameter than 1cm docs tend to see it as insignificant!

Try to be positive,remember there are probably a thousand posts on here about nodes, how many of these people had anything wrong? Stay focused on life's important things,family,work and living life to the full!

Remember..... Worry when there is a need to worry not until.

Mike

swgrl09
13-04-12, 15:22
Mine was sore for a couple weeks and then I got this virus, so you may just be fighting or coming down with something!

Amysunshine
13-04-12, 20:55
ive had mine for 5 months and have more appearing x

Sal W
13-04-12, 21:11
I've had a couple of small lumps in my neck for years, they haven't got any bigger and I'm still ok so try not to worry - easier said than done I know as I have raging health anxiety and think most days are going to be my last! Fortunately time is proving me wrong. With hugs, Sal x:hugs:

PinkRoxy
14-04-12, 07:53
thanks everyone
Its been a bit better today last time it was aching so bad that I was thinking that I might had to go to A and E this weekend but after today its feeling not as achy but still there. Going to the doctors for a peace of mind check up on it anyway since its been bothering me for a while now.

Yeah Ive been battling with hayfever, sinus and I think mild tonsilitis well a sore throat anyway.

Thanks everyone for youe kind words and its good to hear Im not the only on with lymph node problems on here I dont have anyone at home with that problem though.