PDA

View Full Version : waking up panic attack

milicent
13-04-12, 08:22
This morning I woke up feeling like I had a adreline rush -went for a walk fine
when I got back indoors it started agin is this panic/anxiety -Have been feeling very stressed lately and worried about waiting for health tests.:scared15:

Kendra
13-04-12, 08:29
I was like that for weeks and its horrible waking up feeling like that. I had mine and my hubbys jobs to worry about as you both had to reapply for them.

I am on meds now 10mg of cit and they have eased off alot. Had a bad week last week and they were back but no where as bad as they were I used to have to get out of bed and walk about the house at daft o clock in the morning.

Are you on any meds?

Hope your ok now!!

Kendra x

LAURA48
13-04-12, 08:36
Morning Kendra - feeling any better chuck?

Woke up churning nothing new there - be glad to see that psychiatrist on Thurs - nervous about it too but cannot feel any worse.

I think depression is making worse as no interest in anything but then it goes hand in hand with anxiety too.

Do you think you will up the dose? and when Kendra do you start you job?

Laura x

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Milicent sorry too you are having problems - horrible waiting for test results - sure they will be fine.

Em84
13-04-12, 08:36
Hiya....I've had this before...where Ive woken actually having an attack in the middle of the night,,,it's horrible cas it's already happening there's no warning to prepare myself for it....

I've been up about 2 hours now and the giddiness has started setting in already....I'm at my wits end with this....

Hope your ok

Xxx

milicent
13-04-12, 08:37
Thank -you for replying went to Drs on Tues and she put me on 10mg of citalopram but I,m too scared to take them as I read that diabetics shouldn,t take them and that is the test I'm waiting for.
As soon as I got the feeling I immediately thought all my organs were packing up.

Kendra
13-04-12, 09:00
Milicent, I was so scared to take them but the GP wouldn't have given you them if you couldnt take them. 10mg is a small dose I got SE's but not as bad as other meds I have taken. You will be fine.

It is a horrble feeling but it wont harm you at all. Just try and breath and stay calm. I always breath in for 7 and them out for 11. Its hard to do at first but gets easier, this really helps me when I am in a panic and takes your mind off the panic onto your breathing!!

Hope your ok!! x x

Laura, i never thought DP was connected with anxiety but your so right it is. And it is hard to do things and get motivated when you are feeling so crappy,

All the new roles start on 30th April, I just dont think I am ready to go back just yet. Sick note runs out Monday so going to see what the docs says about increase also!! I kind og feel better this week than last sdo must have been TOM. Need to see abbout that also cos sometimes my mood is horrible, its been like that for ages like but seems to be getting worse. I need a smear also so I really need to get myself sorted out as I feel I have been neglecting myself over these sort of things since having my little boy!!

Its less than a week to your appointment so your nearly there my lovely!! x x x

buffybot
13-04-12, 21:52
I have been in the same boat myself and had a panic attack when I woke up but this is not uncommon so take heart ..

Stormsky
13-04-12, 21:57
Ive woken up in the middle of the night in a panic too... its common... when your body and mind are so built up with anx, it can roll over into your sleeping too