PDA

View Full Version : Never ending...

hwise05
13-04-12, 18:05
Hey all who are reading this,

I have had a good week, not been too anxious and just been enjoying my time off college. However the past couple of days its been creeping back and I don't know why. I know that I'm back at college on Monday and that makes me anxious, I also know I have a ton of work to do which feels like its never going to get done. I also have friends who are really behind on work and I feel pressure to help them. I want to help them but I feel like I'm having to take on their responsibilities too. I was so positive at the beginning of this week but I feel like I'm going to have nothing once college is finished.

The thought of getting a job and going to work is just terrifying and I don't think I will be able to do it. I worry that I'm going to let everybody I know down because of this. I've already let people down by decided not to go to university yet, and that was due to panic. I don't want to sit in my house day in day out and do nothing because my confidence will plummet but I just don't think I can face going into the workplace. I feel like they won't be sympathetic and why should they? I'm really down at the moment cos I feel like this is never going to end. I feel like my life is over at 17 and I know that's pretty dramatic but what's the point of being here if this is how I'm gonna feel

Anyway, thanks for reading this. Just needed to vent,

Helen

Stormsky
13-04-12, 18:10
You need to look at future events with positive views...all your doing is thinking negative...
think of college as exciting, think of getting a job as exciting, youll be earning money, buying things you want, working towards a future... meeting people, enjoying and feeling worthwhile.... why worry about what people are going to think of you when you get a job?
Live in the now, concentrate on what you are doing in the present, dont worry about future events, future jobs, what people in the future will think...
Try and view college as a great stepping stone to a great future....
STOP thinking in negatives, thats where your problems lie

hwise05
13-04-12, 18:14
I suppose thats true, I am only focussing on negatives. Getting a job would be brilliant for me in some ways, independence, confidence etc. I just can't even see it as a possibility at the moment and I worry people are gonna judge me for not having a job.

Thanks for replying