PDA

View Full Version : shaking from head to toe

handjl
14-05-04, 11:59
Hi i am quite new to this site and it has been a great help to me when i am feeling panicky. I have been having panic attacks now for the last 4 years off and on. I did think they were due to stress but I have left work now and thought i was relaxing more. My panic attacks seem to be changing. I used to feel full of fear and dread along with hyperventilation and rapid heart beats. I have over the years been able to control these feelings to a certain degree and get my heart rate down. In the early hours of this morning i was woken by my heart beating rapidly I kept really calm and funnily enough did not feel the usual fear, however, I then went freezing cold even though i was in bed warm and started shaking from head to toe. I was also experiencing a lot of twitching in my muscles i felt as though i was having a fit, it was really weird. Does anyone know what causes these symptoms and what i can do to stop the shivering.

Meg
14-05-04, 16:39
It is really a strange feeling.

It's usually a build up of muscle tension and a hot candled bath plus a body massage asap helped enormously .

I also got it twice after suceeding something that terrified me.

I had to go to the USA to lok after Daddy who was dying and I was really in no fit state but went anyway. I got a bout of this shaking on my first night as a release I think of having survived the trip.

Also after doing my first lot of national training after being ill I had a bout of it again as a release I think .

I went to visit someone who was desperatea nd not long after getting there and doing some Reiki and massage she had 20 mins of it . The lady who had taken me there was worried, but having had it myself I knew the patient would be better once it had finished.

Its like the bodys self imposed exercise to get rid of excess adrenalin. Regular exercise would be better.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

ana
14-05-04, 19:15
Hi! When I had my first panic attack it was so awful that I was shaking too. I think it happens when you're really scared and not controling the situation. Once I woke up in the middle of the night and started shaking really bad. I couldn't stand on my feet so I kneed down and went to bathroom. It may sound silly but that's how it is. And, when I have to do something that I'm scared of I feel very cold. I hope this will pass
Love and kisses
Ana

april tones
14-05-04, 20:32
i get that too if i have real bad panick attack and cant control it! i just have to get in to bed, its like a reliver from panick attack, like its all slowing down, love april

apriltones