PDA

View Full Version : Tube/underground

Hck80
13-04-12, 18:38
Hello, am just wondering if anyone can give me any advise.I am due to travel to London next week and am Sooo anxious about the tube! I only have to go literally 3 stops but as I'm going alone it's making me feel more nervous.
I did manage to go on tube last year but with my sister inlaw and I wasn't too bad.

Any advise would be great. Have been trying to find bus route but I really want torry an face my fear

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

** to try and face my fear

xhyperyogix
13-04-12, 19:52
Hey there! I use the tube every day as I live in London. I can get panicy sometimes, but most of the time i seem to feel very protected being underground for some reason, so maybe this is a better way to tnhink about it. It's warm, there are seats (as long as you don't go in rush hour), and there are people in charge around to help if you get into any difficulty, medical trained staff etc.

Good luck!!

Yogi xxx

Pipkin
13-04-12, 20:09
Hi Hck,

I would suggest walking the 3 stops but that would hardly be facing your fear, would it?

Yogi's points are very good because, when you think about it, there are fewer safer places to be in London. The Tube's so well staffed and monitored that any problems are spotted quickly and dealt with.

Probably just best to avoid rush hour if you can as it's extremely busy and gets very crowded.

Face the fear and beat it!

Good luck

Pip x

Hck80
13-04-12, 21:02
Thank you both for your replies, I have got bus details just incase I do have a freak out and change my mind about the tube.

But the bus will take so much longer and Not quite so direct. I keep thinking its just the 3rd stop so less than 10 minutes and hundreds of people donor daily with no problems.

Fingers crossed I will face my fear, I really hope I can do it

eight days a week
13-04-12, 21:05
I've posted before about this (search the site), but I read an article by an anxiety/panic attack sufferer who wrote about their experiences on the tube, and if ever they felt it got 'too much' for them they went and chatted to the guards at the ticket gates, and just explained they were feeling panicky and could they stay with them until they felt better. That person said the guards were always kind, and get that all the time and are used to it, and it's no problem. So, how about that for a back-up plan? :)