PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

7996cath
13-04-12, 20:06
Hi all,

I've found some really helpful advice on this site so just thought I would pop in and introduce myself.

I am 31 yrs old and have suffered with chronic anxiety since my early teens, it's been up and down over the years but the last few weeks have been a struggle.

At my best I have been able to lead a pretty 'normal' life however the last couple of years I've been going slowly back downhill, there were changes at work and I got stressed out and panicky, started avoiding certain situations. I have also been studying for a degree in my spare time but because of work pressures started to get behind.

Probably all fairly normal stuff but in the last few weeks I also came off of Seroxat which I had been taking for over 10 years, I did it really slowly and was down to half a ml when I stopped altogether but I'm worried that I am getting withdrawal symptoms or a resurgence of my old symptoms.

I've had a huge amount of anxiety over the last 3 weeks and a ridiculous amount of 'crazy' thoughts, I'm also feeling quite low at times and I get scared of getting stuck in that depressed state. This last week I have worked from home a couple of times to avoid being in the office but didn't want to be home alone either so my husband stayed home with me.

I don't know what's going to happen because this can't go on, I need to find my coping skills again so am hoping that reminding myself that this is just anxiety and that I am not alone with it will help. Just need to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Cath

Pipkin
13-04-12, 20:14
Hi Cath and a big, warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Have you considered increasing your medication again or are you determined to come off it? You don't say if you've discussed this with your GP but maybe another med may help?

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

diane07
13-04-12, 20:14
Hi 7996cath

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

kittikat
13-04-12, 21:08
:welcome: 7996cath,

You will find lots of help & support and everyone is really friendly....you sure are not alone here.

Kitti :)

7996cath
13-04-12, 21:40
Thanks all,

Re. the medication, GP suggested I could go on to Imipramine or Sertraline but I've held off for now as I wanted to stay off drugs so that I could start a family.

However as of today I have increased the beta blockers, am only on 10mg and could go up to 120mg over the course of 24 hrs if needed. I've taken one 10mg this evening and normally I only take one in the morning. I'll see how I get on over the weekend but think it would be helpful if I could take the edge of the physical anxiety which I think is fuelling all of the anxious thoughts.

Have a good weekend all.

Cath