PDA

View Full Version : Recent heart palpitations

hello_world
14-04-12, 01:00
Hi,

I have been diagnosed with anxiety about 6 years ago. I am able to manage it much better than when it all started.

The first time I remember feeling a noticeable heart palpitation was a little over 2 years go. It felt like my heart flip-flopped, thumped inside my chest. It was very noticeable. I did have a decent amount of caffeine that day, more than normal. That most likely contributed to it.

I then went a good 2 years without feeling/noticing many palpitations, none that real stuck out at least. A few months ago I felt my worst palpitations. They went on for about 15-30 seconds, one after another. Needless to say it freaked me out. I had coffee in the morning, got a small one then, and then I was anxious for the entire day. That probably contributed to my bad batch of heart palps.

Ever since then I have been more aware of my heart. Today during exercise, I got them again, not as bad as last time. They were shorter in duration but more frequent. I stopped exercising because it was making me uncomfortable. Same flip-flopping, thumping feeling.

I don't get pains or anything like that with them but I do get a rush of adrenaline and maybe slightly dizzy. I am quite anxious right now because I am anticipating more palpitations. It's not the best feeling.

I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse over 2 years ago. They said mine was very very minor. I haven't had a checkup since but I think I'm due for one in a few months.

I'm scared that these palpitations have something to do with MVP (maybe it got worse?) and that I am at a greater risk of them being harmful because of MVP.

If anyone has similar experiences, I would love to hear about them. Thank you!

lrforge
15-04-12, 00:47
Heart palps are the main reason I ever go on here, seek encouragement! I have had them for 4 yrs off and on, but they are so disturbing. I get them during exercise so I stop too! You are not alone!