PDA

View Full Version : i done it

tricia56
14-04-12, 20:46
hi just wanted to post as earlyer to day i posted on here that i had to go on a bus to see my daughter and was so scared but I DONE IT . iwas very scared and anxiouse and waiting at the bus stop for a bus to come i wanted to cry and go home because i didnt want to do it but my daughter said id be ok i had to get 2 buses there and each time on the buses i was very anxiouse and wanted to get off when getting off i felt abit light headed which i didnt like and i dreaded the journey home but again i done it . i now feel crap lol now im home but im proud of myself for doing it even tho i dont feel like patting myself on the back aND THOUGHT AINT DOIN THAT AGAIN but i know i had to do it. im just abit worried now why i get lightheaded when getting off the bus ,or is that normal to get like that because i was so anxiouse

Stormsky
14-04-12, 20:57
...well done...
yes be proud of yourself.. and dont brush it off and say you wont be doing it again...
you did it, nothing bad happened, and nothing bad would happen if you went again either....
the anxiety and motion of the bus ride would cause the lightheaded feeling...
you did great, keep that feeling in mind... next time you wont feel so much anx....

teez
14-04-12, 21:02
well i,ll pat you on the back then well done you,,ive not been on a bus or train in over twenty years so i know what a big deal this is ,,i think you was really brave x

tricia56
14-04-12, 21:19
thk you both for your replys its good to know i have people on here who support each other.just want to ask is normal to feel horrible i.e anxiouse and drained after you have achieved somthing

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

kittikat
14-04-12, 22:14
Well done :yahoo: !!!

Yes, I believe it is quite normal to feel anxious and drained after your achievement....remember, you had to endure a complete mental (and physical) battle to enable you to push your boundaries, and you won this battle. That in itself is exhausting. It's like the anxiety is trying to 'get one over on you' now that you have been so sucessful, it's playing tricks on you as it so often does.

Keep trying.....you have achieved a major goal so you should be very proud of yourself :hugs:

Kitti :) x

Pipkin
14-04-12, 22:23
Well done Tricia - that's a huge step for you. You should be really pleased!

Pip :yesyes:

angie21
14-04-12, 22:34
well done you, you done very well, i practise on the bus 2-3 times a week, but with a support worker, havnt done it on my own for about 3 years.
some days i am shakin in fear on the bus, very scary but am not gong to give up, i have good days too when am really proud with myself that i did it, we have to face the fear to get over this.

lots of hugs

xxx angie xxxxx

doodah
14-04-12, 22:45
That's brilliant - well done Tricia!!:yesyes:

Wend

gregcool
15-04-12, 22:37
Tricia
Let me tell you , I have been just wherer you are right now. I never thught in a million years I old get on a bus or train or any form of transport that shuts me in. Just like you I was very very anxious when getting on a bus and had panic atacks and bad thoughts , and guess what !! After a few months of facing my fears going on the bus and the trains in tunnels over bridges ,,, you get the picture,,,, I got there and have never turned back . I now can get in lifts which I used to fear the most. Think positive and try to remember , you used to do all these things as normal at one point in your life, that's because they are, you have to get in control of your thoughts and fears ( which is easer said than done ) I know But ! You just have to, have a read of some of my old posts in my early days of panc attacks and anxiety and you will see a very familiar picture to your own, but you will see how I came out the other end and nowadays I am 80% me again , where as before I was about 10 % me. There are so many other things I hae ache vied which are not in my older posts. So be brave and face your fears and tell yourself that you are in control and jut remember , nothing bad is going to happen . WELL DONE PM ANYTIME IF YOU WANT ANY OTHER ADVICE . Take care Greg

flossie
16-04-12, 08:35
Well done. Be proud of yourself, what a huge achievement.
Now that you have done the big journey why not just hop on the bus for a couple of stops at a time a few of times a week. That way it will soon become more familiar to you.
Keep up the good work. :yesyes:

emm
16-04-12, 08:44
Well done you. Be very proud of yourself getting out on the bus is an amazing achievement. It is quite normal to feel drained after so don't feel worried about it. The more you do these things the better you will feel after. X

Littlemadam
16-04-12, 09:31
WOW WOW WOW, what yo have done is amazing! Your anxiety is battling with you hence why you felt crap after, but you have proved you are strong enough to over come it step by step and not let it win!!!

Huge pat on the back, this is such a lovely happy story to read. The journey will be hard, but you've taken the hardest step!!!!

Lean on us for support and we'll be there to help you with every step along the way xxx

miniminx
16-04-12, 15:38
Thats excellent!!!! Keep it up now you know you can do it xxxxxxxx

london
16-04-12, 15:47
well done
god bless

tricia56
17-04-12, 14:06
thk you all very much for your posts and support they have been a great help. i havent been back on the bus since sat and i know i should but i still get anxiouse even at the thought of it because of the way i feel when bieng on it and the lightheadedness when i get off the bus , as i have a fear of going dizzy or being dizzy but i know it will take time and that i need to go back on a bus more and to try and overcome the fear of the dizzyness some how so thk u once again

emu12
17-04-12, 17:22
Well done, its so important to acknowledge when you have achieved something, even if it seems small to some people, its grea that you did it and didnt give up! Well done :)