PDA

View Full Version : DVT worries

honeyb
15-04-12, 11:37
Right in 6 weeks time i'm flying to Cuba and although i should be really excited, i'm plagued with worries of DVT. I keep thinking that if i get it on the way out then basically i'm screwed because the hospitals aren't very good out there. I'm also terrified that i will feel ill and show myself up on the plane. read up about DVT and that's just worried me even more. I'm not on the pill (so no risk there), i'm slightly overweight, no history of clotting problems in family, but i'm still worried about it. I've flown long haul a few times with no problems. Please can someone, just help me put my worries into perspective.:weep:
Thanks x

sherylee xx
15-04-12, 16:54
why not buy some of them sock thingys that help prevent dvts hun they are meant to keep blood circulatin whilst your still i had to wear them in hospital as i went into very early labour and wasnt aloud to stand up or walk for 4 days!! lol xx

honeyb
15-04-12, 17:00
thanks, i do wear them when i got on long haul, but am still worried about it. Thanks for taking the time to reply xx

nomorepanic
15-04-12, 17:32
Definitely get the socks and also there are some exercises you can do with your feet/legs whilst on a plane and also get up and move around.

You will be absolutely fine

miss sparkle
15-04-12, 19:00
et the socks do the exercises and you could take a aspirin before the flight, but you will be totally fine without! i went to Cuba to get married, a fantastic place, you will have a brilliant time x

Valerie_46
15-04-12, 19:19
Dont worry I have severe DVT in both legs due to my naff core veins , I wore 2 pairs of support stockings when I was on a plane for 7 n half hours from Usa to UK and I was ok . Go to your GP and see if you can get support stocking fitted for you , if you dont already wear em.
Hope this works hugs from Val x

honeyb
16-04-12, 08:46
Thanks for your comments guys, i will get some socks for the journey. I should really be excited, but i got all kinds of worriers going through my mind, like what if i have a panic attack on the plane and embarress myself and family, plus the DVT worry too.