PDA

View Full Version : I need some hugs and prayers

Granny Primark
15-04-12, 14:19
Sounds silly but my 4 year old dog is really poorly.
Hes broke his spine and having an operation today.
Hes me little muppet. He lies on me bed.Hes the love of my grandaughters life as well as ours.
Hes broke his spine. Hes a cute little dog and at the age of only 4 I cant give up on him.Im on pins.
Hes a little shitzhu name stanly
we named him after my hubbys bro died 4 years ago.

Magic
15-04-12, 14:31
Hi Granny,
So sorry for your little dog, Theres always something is'nt there Lynn?
Keep in touch to let us know how things go on.
Sending you lots of hugs and thinking about you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:XXXX

Granny Primark
15-04-12, 14:55
im a nervous wreck. hes me little son. Wev been told it cud cost £2000 but im determined we are going keep him. Hes me little lad and we are determined we arnt going give up on him. Hes 2 young to give up on him.

kittikat
15-04-12, 14:56
Ahhh....so sorry to hear that, I hope that all goes well for him, they aren't just pets, they are such a big part of the family and the best companions......

Sending big hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Kitti xxxxxx

Stormsky
15-04-12, 15:18
Fingers.legs,eyes all crossed for him !
I know how your feeling, my rottie slipped 2 discs and was paraylsed... he was 10yrs and unfortunately too old to pull through....
We miss him everyday still, and that was 5yrs ago now....
Your boy is young, and strong, and i pray he recovers....xxxxx

Granny Primark
15-04-12, 15:32
I cant think of anything else. Sorry for being pathitic I want him home. I will hes me little son. Weve always been animal mad. We had 5 dogs once. Sorry im gutted.

nicola1980
15-04-12, 15:59
Sending you huge :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: let us know how he is x x

grace17
15-04-12, 17:57
Hello granny primark big hugs and best wishes. :). xxx

:hugs:

lee20
15-04-12, 18:01
im a huge dog lover, and i feel for you at this sad time. i pray that everything goes well with your dog and i hope he makes a full recovery.... keep us posted on his progress. much love

lee:hugs:

mistymoo
15-04-12, 18:02
your not pathetic ,I'm sure Stanley will be fine, he's a young dog so should get over the op pretty easily although youll probably have to cage rest him for a while. Dogs are such a help to us when we are feeling down, I had four dogs at once so I know how worried you are, keep your chin up:bighug1:

JT69
15-04-12, 18:07
so sorry to hear that Granny...pets mean the world to some of us and you are not being pathetic...understandable how you are feeling.

:hugs::hugs:to you...fingers crossed for good outcome.

Take care
Jo.x

angel wings
15-04-12, 18:08
sorry to hear about your dog hope everything goes well for him and sending huge hugs for you :hugs:xxx

pinkdove
15-04-12, 18:14
hi lynn so sorry to hear about your wee dog i will pray for him, you are not being pathetic at all, i know thay are like one of the family.

i hope he makes a full recovery will be thinking of you ....and him sending you huge :hugs:

LAURA48
15-04-12, 18:51
To Granny Primark sending you huge huge :bighug1::bighug1:for your little doggy - hope everything goes well. They mean the world to us. My girl died in October nearly 14 and have not been well since - I have a pup - but it does not replace them.

I am sure she will be up and running in no time they are tough cookies.

God Bless

Laura xxx

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

I am sure he (Stanly) just so used to saying "she"

Granny Primark
16-04-12, 10:38
Hes survived the operation. The vet nurse says hes being grumpy. Got ring later to find out if its affected his internal organs.
I just want me little muppet back.

Stormsky
16-04-12, 10:47
thats fabx x x Keep us posted... xxxx

mistymoo
16-04-12, 11:07
great news, poor little might, bless him, he will soon be in your caring hands, so should gain his strength daily:yahoo:

macc noodle
16-04-12, 14:27
Lynn

Hoping for a good outcome for your dog.

Macc noodle
xx

pinkdove
16-04-12, 15:37
great news hope he makes a full recovery, xx

Granny Primark
17-04-12, 19:04
well so far so good. Hes eating and is still at the vets.
Its going be a long job though.
We are missing his little cute ways.
Hes got learn how walk again.
Thanks for your good wishes. xx

t0rt01se36
17-04-12, 22:18
Rollerboots instead of harness

Vanilla Sky
18-04-12, 00:06
Love and hugs to you , He will be ok with all your love :hugs:xxx

darkknight
18-04-12, 06:56
Sending you hugs and I will prayer. He young and he will do his best to pull through

Love Dale

Littlemadam
18-04-12, 09:13
Big hugs hun xxxx

Stanly is being strong and he's a little fighter to come this far. Give lots of hugs to your little bundle of joy from me too xxxxx

:hugs:

Granny Primark
18-04-12, 11:30
been told today hes got 40% chance of survival but hel been in the vets for at least another 2 weeks.
Im on pins, bet the vets are sick of my voice now.

joy
18-04-12, 16:44
Dear Granny
How on earth did he break his spine?
I know exactly how you feel cos last sept my terrier broke his elbow while running and his leg went down a hole. He had 3 ops to pin it with cage rest but every 2 weeks the pins broke so eventually they had to amputate his leg which sounds awful but hes very happy and does everything he could before and runs as fast as ever. It was an awful time and still makes me sad to look at him but his tail never stops wagging so hes not sad just glad to get rid of the pain. Within 2 weeks of the op he was chasing greyhounds on his walk and beating them. Hope this story gives you some comfort

LOve joy

Granny Primark
18-04-12, 18:02
he jumps in the window and jumps on our bed. Weve been told shizhus are prone to this.
Thanks joy xx. Im not going mad but hes me little sonny. They have got such long bodies.
I wish wed got insurance now.
I also wish we werent so animal mad. Weve got a cat him and 2 guinee pigs. Weve had everything from hamsters to cats to dogs to chipmunks! And even a pig!!!!! Me hubby!:winks::winks::winks::winks: Only joking:D:D

celticlass62
19-04-12, 16:23
hi lynn my very special friend , i will pray that your dog gets better very soon hunny . as i know you are missing your wee muppet as you call him. the vet will do everything he cam to make him better , i know how much your missing him being there with you but he will be back home very soon and you can give him all the love he need, love you lots my dear friend celticlass :hugs:

Granny Primark
21-04-12, 05:26
we went see him yesterday and im hopeful wel get him home in about 7 days.
He cant walk yet but he recognised us and wagged his tail.
When the vetinary nurse carried him back me little muppet cried.
He might only be a dog but hes mine and me hubbys little son.
We bought him just after me hubbys bro died and named him after after me bro in law.

celticlass62
21-04-12, 16:26
i am glad you went to see your dog my very special friend it will make you feel a lot better. i will keep praying for him . its good he wagged his tail at you and h. lots of love and hugs to you both . celticlass xxxxxxx :hugs:

Magic
21-04-12, 16:30
Thinking of you Lynn and your Stanley. Hope all works out ok for you

lildutt
23-04-12, 23:06
hows stanley doing mom hope hes getting on great you know where i am if you need to talk xxx love to you, H and stanley and get well soon stanley xxxxx

Granny Primark
24-04-12, 09:13
Hes still struggling as regards walking.
And theres still no guarantee that we wont have to have him put sleep.
Weve got try everything we can to keep the little lad.
Wel do everything we can to keep him even tho he cant walk. As long as he isnt in pain wel carry him round.
Going see him again Friday.
Hope to see you lildut. Love you lots me second daughter. xxxxx

K1rsty
24-04-12, 09:55
:hugs: So sorry to read about your dog - I will keep my fingers crossed for him xxx

joy
24-04-12, 12:59
You can buy dog pushchairs now in Pets at Home and on line i should think if it comes to that

Hope he stating to improve

Love Joy

Granny Primark
24-04-12, 17:21
Good news. He may be coming home at the weekend.:D
Now to remortgage the house.:winks:

joy
24-04-12, 17:56
hurrah

love joy

Granny Primark
27-04-12, 17:27
Hes coming home tomorrow.:yesyes: Now its time to think about remortgaging the house.:winks:

joy
27-04-12, 19:49
hurrah again

Joy

nicola1980
27-04-12, 21:04
Fantastic news :D x x

joy
28-04-12, 12:44
Dear Granny

Hope you get your little boy home and hes ok. Is the house up for sale yet?????

Love Joy

Magic
28-04-12, 13:37
Good news Lynn. Hope all goes well:hugs:

Granny Primark
28-04-12, 18:53
Hes home!!!!!:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
Fetched him home this morning. He still cant walk but im sure he will soon.
Hes lying here beside me totally exhausted but happy.
Hes got go the vets next Friday to have his stitches out.
My hubby has been a star hes bathed him and done the physio with him.
He may only be a dog but to us hes our little lad.
Thanks so much for your good wishes. xxxxxx

kittikat
28-04-12, 19:09
Such wonderful news Granny Primark!!

I do hope your little lad continues well on his road to recovery, I'm sure he will come on in leaps & bounds now he is back at home with you. You must be so relieved.

Great news, thanks for sharing!! :yahoo: Kitti xx

joy
29-04-12, 10:44
How is Stanley this morning

Joy

Magic
29-04-12, 10:57
good news GP. Hope all goes wellxx:hugs:

honeyb
29-04-12, 11:36
Great news x

Granny Primark
29-04-12, 12:33
Hes walked 6 steps this morning and hes begining to get his attitude back cus hes growled at our cat when she went near his food:D
Thanks for caring. :hugs:

lildutt
01-05-12, 08:41
hi mom im glad little stanley is back home and heres some speedy recovery wishes coming your way for him shell xxx

StokeyVic20
03-05-12, 20:13
-hugs- Hope he is better now xx

Paddington
04-05-12, 18:46
:hugs::hugs::hugs: hugged bug styleeee:hugs::hugs::hugs:
We had to have out twenty year old puss put to sleep two week back so know where you are coming from matey ..:hugs::hugs:Love Paddie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx