manmoor
03-07-06, 13:46
For the past ten days I've not been well. My symptoms are

Lower and upper back pain
really bad nausea
left arm pain
numbness in two fingers
feverish

went to doctor with urine sample which was sent to lab as doc dipped it and said it showed blood in urine. Rang doc the next day in a panic cos I felt so sick to be told the lab had lost my urine sample. The following day I was so sick I drove myself to hospital. Had urine tests taken which showed blood and protein in urine. Blood tests were ok although I have no idea what they tested my blood for as I was too scared to ask. Doc at hospital gave me antibiotics and painkillers. Now its 5 days later and antibiotic still not working and painkillers dont help either. Went back to doc today and he gave me a different antibiotic which I so so hope will work. I've been on the internet most of the day looking for cancer symptoms and so far I've got lung, cervical, bowel, kidney and bone cancer. There's no half measures with me I like to go the whole hog.I am so cross with myself as I haven't goggled health sites in ages.

Please Help

Mental Mandy

xxxx

trac67
03-07-06, 13:56
Hi Mandy,

Firstly it sounds like you have a kidney infection my daughter gets them a lot as she doesn't drink enough, it causes lower back pain, blood in urine, fever and nausea.

The numbness and pain are typical anxiety symptoms more than likely caused by you worrying about the urine infection mate.

My daughter had to have 2 lots of different antibiotics before her urine infection cleared up and was advised to drink loads of water and cranberry juice.

I hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

wobily_lin
03-07-06, 13:56
Hi Mandy,

ffs woman. tut tut for googling. Slap on the hand for that woman. I am well aware of your situation as u know hun. I'm glad u went to doc again. I did think that they would give you dif antibiotics and I'm afraid with infections and stuff like that sometimes it takes a couple before they find the right one for you. It's crap i know hun but try an bear with it hun. And we will all be hear to listen to ur moans woman. lol.

I'm ordering u now to do NO MORE GOOGLING OK!

This will clear up soon hun. (((((((((((((((hugs to u))))))))))))))))))

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
03-07-06, 15:41
Hi Mandy,

Sounds like you have a bad kidney infection hun. I've had many of them! I've even been in hospital for a week at a time with 2 of them. You must drink tons of water and cranberry juice as mentioned above, helps loads. The different antibiotic will help. They can make you very ill and have a fever. (I too had blood in my urine). You must rest and just wait until the medicine works. Remember, drink a lot of water with these medicines, I can't stress that enough. I do hope you feel better soon.

Bel

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Ma Larkin
03-07-06, 16:22
I too think its a kidney infection. I cannot advise enough to drink plenty of cranberry juice and water. You'll soon start to feel better.

Les

marie ross
03-07-06, 16:26
Hi Mandy,

Never had a kidney infection before, but am really hoping that you start feeling a lot better soon. Take care of yourself.

Marie XXX

Oh and stop googling!!!!

hayles
03-07-06, 16:54
Hope you feel better soon x

Hay x

ceecee
03-07-06, 18:12
hi mandy,hope you feel better soon!i,m sure the new antibiotics will soon kick in and clear up the infection!i know it,s easier said than done but try not to google,it just makes our symptoms worse!!!!take care rachel x x x