PDA

View Full Version : panic disoder is destroying my life!!!

sharni
15-04-12, 18:03
I have severe panic disoder agraphobia anixety and weight problems I have had lots of meds therepy and nothing is helping infact I am getting worse no 1 understands now and think am just acting stupid my familiy and friends have just left me to get on I feel so alone and hopeless any advice ??

Rach29
15-04-12, 19:38
sorry to hear your going through a bad time with your problems its sad that your family and friends think your acting up but unless they go thru it they will never understand its sad that there not supportive as they should coz maybe thats what you need to give you that bit of extra help to get better and im sure you will get that support here because we know what your goin through and how hard it is, have you tried talking to a close family member or close friend about how you feel someone you trust maybe you could give that a try :)

elisaac2629
17-04-12, 15:42
Hi sharni,
I feel your pain right now. I recently started Zoloft and I am having a hard time adjusting to it. It makes my anxiety skyrocket and then the panic attacks. Have you tried any of the benzos for relief? I usually took a very very low dose of Xanax (1/4 tab of 0.25) if I knew I was heading for panic. My doc yesterday, just prescribed Klonopin (clonazepam) for 2 weeks while still experiencing anxiety from starting on Zoloft. I took 1/4 tablet last night. Although, I did wake up with a panic attack (probably related to my recent dose increase in zoloft), I actually feel better now than I have in days. I feel just a little tired and with a headache but better than the allday anxiety that I experience while at work. Have you tried any medicines at all?

Kitty witty
20-04-12, 08:44
Hi sharni
Oh darling, you must feel very lost at the moment, I have just recently (past four months) started having panick attacks, they were terrible terrible awful to start, I still have them but I decided to educate myself on panick attacks, the causes ect, ect. I have read quite a lot of stuff all available by googling on line,it's all free, being educated on panic attacks really has helped me because you will recognise all your symptoms and realise that you are experiencing something very real and it's not all in your head, maybe you already have done this but if not its good to understand what your dealing with and maybe you could ask your closest family member to read up on what your going through as well to help them understand. I personally don't take medication as I'm to scared of side effects but I do have cbt and take Bach rescue remedy (it's a natural calming effect in drops or spray) I swear by it! You are not alone darling, your doctor will send you to see a cbt therapist if you can't get out to see the doc then request he/she comes to you, you are entitled to get better and the doctor is there to help. Good luck x