PDA

View Full Version : need advice with this ?

danbryn
15-04-12, 18:29
Im really nervous about a meeting i have with a doctor from the people who have delt with me getting benefits.

Im not worried about the money side of it. i received a letter after i had done 12 sessions of cbt saying what my fortnightly allowance is going from £188 to £99.

But they sent me another letter about this meeting.
saying that i need to go to the doctors and get some document from him and this meetings about telling them how i am doing etc.

Im really embarrassed to say that im recovering slowly and after being stuck indoors for 4 years im only just about getting out with my family near my area, and im gradually walking part of my road on my own, further each time.
I am still taking citalopram 20mg.

will they force me into work ? or what do u think they will say to me :shrug:

Stormsky
15-04-12, 19:21
Hi
you cant be forced to work if your not well enough to do a job yet.
Your own GP can write a letter for you regarding the reasons you cannot work, or maybe only work part=time?
It may actually do you good to work a few hours a day even, get back to living in the real world, and distract you from your worries. We all need to feel worthwhile , and working does help self esteem.
I dont work, but then i dont claim any benefits , so i dont have this problem., so i cant advise much more im afraid.

doodah
17-04-12, 00:44
Hello there - easier said than done, but try not to feel embarrassed that you're not 100% fit yet - it all takes time. If it were me I would be as honest as you can when you see your doctor, let them know of your progress but also that you still need support in going out etc. And the same goes for the benefit people. I would let them know how you really feel.

Hope all goes well for you.

Wendy