PDA

View Full Version : Positivity mp3s - your thoughts?

NoPoet
15-04-12, 18:41
Hi all, over time I have seen benefits from creating my own positivity mp3s and listening to them every day. I think I've improved my skill with it quite a bit, and if anyone wants me to share them then please feel free to let me know. I can also do personalised ones as well.

I must emphasise that they can provide relief from fear etc fairly quickly, but you must listen to them repeatedly over a period of days or weeks before they start to become a part of you. The whole thing works not just on a conscious level - providing you with direct reassurance - but it sinks into your unconscious mind over a period of time with repeated listening. You probably won't notice when it has actually "sunk in" - you'll probably just find that you are not quite as vulnerable to certain fears, or that your mood is somehow lifting on its own, or that you start to trust yourself that little bit more.

Please note that if anyone is interested, I am not a doctor, these are not relaxation or hypnosis mp3s, they are there to provide reassurance and teach you how to build yourself up.

I can do requests as well. If anyone's bothered, please PM me an email address I can forward it on to. The file sizes may be around 500kb-3mb on average. Please specify if you want it to be strongly motivating or gentle reassurance, and the kind of things you want me to say. If there is any interest at all I'll find a way to upload them to a file sharing site so I can put some examples in this thread.

Kree, Jaffa!

Ingenious
15-04-12, 21:32
I think that's a great idea and really good of you to offer these out to people. Have you considered doing a blog and publishing them through that? Also did you know you can attach files to your forum posts? So you don't need to upload them to a sharing site you can do it directly here (click on the paperclip in the toolbar) :)

NoPoet
15-04-12, 22:01
Hi, thanks Ingenious, I'll try to get a couple of samples up ASAP as there has already been some interest in this. I am going away Tuesday to Friday this week, so if I don't respond to people during this time, rest assured I will get round to it at the weekend.

grace17
15-04-12, 22:02
well done psycho poet. can u show me how please
i wanna know thank u for sharing. xxx

NoPoet
21-04-12, 21:33
Hi, here's my first try at a talk. Please let me know what you think. Bear in mind I am only used to doing this for myself, so I can re-record it or create variations etc.

I had to tone it down quite a bit as I am not alone at home and didn't want people to overhear, so I was close to the mike.

This is a discussion of a popular request, the "fear of fear", and some of the stuff in it is quite new to me so I had to work from a script. It should be beneficial to nearly everyone who suffers from "second fear" (the reaction of panic and fear which spirals out of control after you are exposed to a triggering thought or situation).

If you are interested in learning more about overcoming "second fear" you should strongly consider reading up on metacognition. This is complex at first but it maps out the process of anxiety disorders, allowing you to highlight the exact point at which your anxious illness kicks in.

File attached is an mp3 of around 3mb. Talk time is around 2 and a half minutes. This is not a hypnosis mp3, it is purely motivating self-help.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/123620/Overcoming_Fear_of_Fear?rn=s04yocy1ctmo

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

I've actually got some out-takes already, my cousin put a couple of em together for me, there are three of them, so enjoy:

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/123628/Overcoming_Fear_Outtakes_1?rn=4mp64h1ykfy8

doodah
21-04-12, 23:43
Hiya PsychoPoet - just listened to your sound files - excellent work! I loved the outtakes by the way - made me laugh out loud - literally! Thanks.:D:D:D

Wendy

AngelHeart
22-04-12, 00:24
Thanks PsychoPoet, really appreciate all the help you give us all xx