PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety - It Gets Better!

Ruby94
16-04-12, 04:14
Hello,

Just to come back and give you all good hope.

Intro
My name is Ruby and i used to come here, 10-15 times a day.
The site really helped me (feel free to look up my history on this site)
it must of been 2-3 years ago when i suffered from CHRONIC, health anxiety and all other kinds of anxiety including Panic Attacks and really bad Agoraphobia.

I posted A LOT of threads on here, and got some real great help from the users and admins here, i really don't know what i would of done without their support through my really hard times.

On the bright side, i would just like to tell you all that it DOES get better, and i really can't say how or when but it does. :noangel:

With the support you get from loved ones, and pushing yourself a litte bit more each day i can garentee you'll feel back to yourself in no time. I really wish i could let you all know that what im saying is right (it is) But i know its hard to believe because i've been there. I haven't had a PA in 1 and a 1/2 years. (Which feels like forever) I am fully over my agoraphobia, and my health anxiety is no more.

I feel like a new Ruby.

The medication i was on i think played a big part of my whole Anxiety. As soon as i was weened off (slowly but surely) got back on track, it took a year when i came off my meds to trust my body again.

I hopped on a train on a confident day (by myself) bearing in mind i wouldn't venture in to my own back garden alone at one point. But i did it, and it was hard. But it felt good, i had my freedom back again i was no longer a prisioner in my own body (as i used to say)

I'm now engaged to a lovely guy, looking to get married in a couple of years and everything else has fallen into place.

Its just a matter of Choice thats all it narrows down to.
You can go your whole life worrying, but after getting anxious over one thing, that will be gone and it will be another, and it will carry on until you decide to make a change.

I promise every one who is reading this that if you let yourself be free to enjoy your life you will enjoy it.

Tips:

If you have a bad day dont beat yourself up, let it happen.
But as soon as its passed bounce back up and fight whatever is troubling you, and just remember it passed before, it'll pass again.

Natural happiness, now i can't say much about medication as it may be helping some of you, but if you feel uncomfortable with your medication talk to your doctor. Help them ween you off it as soon as possibe because it wont help if you are not feeling progress after a month. That is my personal opinion and it helped me a huge ammount.

Push yourself, nothing bad will happen to you if you're trying to help yourself.

Buy something you enjoy, take up a hobby. (Now this is a GREAT one) I took up photography, it got me out and it kept my mind off my Anxiety and Agoraphobia. When i was behind the camera i never realised how far i ventured outside, slowly but surely it got me out on my own and eventually i didn't need my camera with me anymore. (But i always kept it with me just incase) It does help.

Be inspired! Read stories about how people turned their life around there are so many blogs online about people who have suffered with anxiety, panic, o.c.d, depression. You can learn from others and share your own story.

Set yourself goals, get in to a new routine with what feels more comfortable for you, when having a panic attack do something different things that helped me come down from a panic attack:

Stand up, look down at your feet and walk around in a small circle but (slowly) eventually it will pass as you're on your feet and concentrating your mind off the attack.

Sit on the edge or a comfortable seat, put your head down between your knees and slowly rock, it calms you down you feel like you are in control of your body and you are in a safe position.

Find something you love, a favourite object and look at it.. hold it. Describe it to yourself in your head, think about why you love this specific object (what does it mean to you, where did you get it.)

No matter how you feel when you are panicking, whether you cant breathe or you feel dizzy you know its a panic attack and you know that you are strong enough as before to ride it out.

And eventually you will feel better for overcoming it stronger.

And each time one comes along, it'll go much faster and fade with time.

Until you have overcome and beaten it.

What ever it is, help yourself.

I know its hard and believe me, i really do understand.

When it happens you feel overpowered and its the unknown what frightens us, you can over come this because i know that no one likes Anxiety.

I really hope i helped, please send me a message for any questions or advice i would love to help anyone who is suffering.

Take care and thank you for reading, Ruby x

x B e l i e v e I n Y o u r s e l f x
( '' , )

monika
16-04-12, 05:07
Thank you, Ruby. This is both helpful and inspiring :)
I hope things continue to get only better and better for you!

JaneC
16-04-12, 10:17
Ruby, it's fantastic to hear you are feeling well these days. Very well done - and some good advice there too :hugs:

needhelp1
16-04-12, 10:52
Hi there,
I(26 year old) been struggling with panic disorder since feb 2012..i experienced them first time in my life and there after my life is started to change differently. I am not feared for going out ,chatting friends ,etc etc..to be honest i am doing everything with inner fear. The one thing which makes me up set all the time..yes now a days i am getting weird thoughts where its not exsisting in the real world. I will be happy if you let me know how to get out of here....

mistymoo
16-04-12, 11:11
well done Ruby, youve done excellent, onwards and upwards from now on,