PDA

View Full Version : Eyes going out of focus?

AngelHeart
16-04-12, 14:22
Anyone get their eyes going out of focus with anxiety? Is so how often do you have this please? Ihave an inner ear condition at the moment which can make your eyes blurry but as I've been suffering anxiety was wondering if it could be related to this too. Thank you xx

honeyb
16-04-12, 15:51
Hi Paul, my eyes play me up mostly every day, blurry, can't seem to focus etc. x

PanchoGoz
16-04-12, 18:01
Maybe you are tired? I get this in the morning or when I'm bored.

LilyPad1991
16-04-12, 21:07
Definitely related to anxiety. My biomedical lecturer explained this to me as follows; the disruption of chemicals within the body, for example adrenalin, caused by anxiety can affect the contraction of muscles throughout the body. As I'm sure you know, the human eye is a finely tuned organ and any disruption in the muscle function caused by hormones like adrenalin will most definitely affect your vision. Secondly, hormones like adrenalin cause your blood pressure to rise, thus the pressure of the blood in the tiny capillaries in and around the eye increases. If you can imagine the pressure increasing in the eye, you begin to realise that this too will affect your vision and often causes headaches and other general achey pain.

Hope that makes sense...

JoC93
16-04-12, 22:10
i get this too :( so annoying. i end up getting headaches in the end. i struggle with distances and screens like tv or a computer the most, but in general everything is blurry. i know its linked with my anxiety because i only struggle with it when im stressed. the rare times im not, i can see everything! hahaa
xx