PDA

View Full Version : ache under rib

katsen
16-04-12, 16:25
i have had a dull ache in my upper right side just under my rib for the past week, i went to the Dr who pressed my side and i nearly shot of the chair, he then said that i have pulled my inner stomach muscle..... i dont believe him :'(

the ache is always there and their fells like i have something under the rib that pushes out especially when i slouch which aches. its also tender to touch. i have no other symptoms at all.......
should i trust him in his diagnosis or get a second opinion?

so very worried its an organ that's causing the ache :(

:weep:

xtremx
16-04-12, 17:03
Hi your doctor is right it is a muscular problam I have many a ache around the ribs and chest and it is hard to understand when someone tells you it is not the heart or anything serious.

You admit one thing you slouch (will stop it) bad posture is one of the main causes of chest/rib/and back pain. I know what you have said in this post and your other we sound alike.

obligingstraw
16-04-12, 17:11
I've had a similar pain in the past and it was indeed muscular! I got a bit worried about it too because of where it was but I was keeping odd hours at the time and frequently sleeping on my sofa (!) which did a muscle an injury. It healed in a few days (of sleeping in an actual-factual bed) :D

katsen
17-04-12, 08:00
thanks peeps, trouble is i cant take any ibuprofen and its been over a week now and the ache is still there and its painful to press on it :s
should i get a second opinion?

xtremx
17-04-12, 08:51
Hi you could always us a ibuprofen gel. You can get the doctor to give it to you or if you have a lidl near you they sell a cheap version.

Also a small hint for muscular if it is bad use equal (small) amounts of ibuprofen gel & Deep heat and mixed into a paste and apply you get the heat and the pain relieve, It works really well.

You could get a 2nd opinion but i think it will only be the same.

obligingstraw
17-04-12, 11:51
I would tend to agree that a second opinion isn't necessary provided you have no other symptoms. Hope it heals nice and quickly, muscle-pains are annoying. :(

katsen
18-04-12, 08:11
how long does it take a stomach muscle to heal as it still aches :( its been a week since seeing to dr...

Beyonderz
18-04-12, 08:32
Hey Katsen, I had the same problem a while ago and mine was only excessive gas. I got more disturbance because my mind was there, after I learned it's nothing serious, it went away by itself.

Hope you feel well soon.