PDA

View Full Version : Date of Death

katsen
16-04-12, 16:28
i know this sounds stupid but i have had a date of my death in my head since i could remember and now the date is upon me, 20th April 2012, im terrified that im going to die on that day. hubby said that i wont but i just cant shake off the worry, now with the ache under my right rib ( see other thread) im thinking that this is the end..... im only 32 and i have 3 young children i don't want to die :weep:

xtremx
16-04-12, 16:58
i know this sounds stupid but i have had a date of my death in my head since i could remember and now the date is upon me, 20th April 2012, im terrified that im going to die on that day. hubby said that i wont but i just cant shake off the worry, now with the ache under my right rib ( see other thread) im thinking that this is the end..... im only 32 and i have 3 young children i don't want to die :weep:

Hi, I had it in my head that I would die on my 40th bday. As I had done a deal with god to take me on this day so my unborn daughter could live (mywife had had several miscarriages and about 6 months into pregnancy she started to bleed heavy).
So I tried to do a deal with god (I am not a religious man as such).

Well my bday was on the 3/jan and I am still here I watched the clock from midnight-midnight waiting for it to happen and nothing.

Please shake your self out of it BUT maybe the best and hardest thing to do is live your life upto that day and get though it and the next day hopefully you will feel like a new regenerated person.This is hard to do but it will be worth it as nothing will happen to you!

BTW i will read your other post as i too get dull aches under the ribs but that can be many a simple thing.

crystal17
16-04-12, 18:31
Hi, I've had this before and its a very real fear, although to others it seems silly. Believe me, on the actual day you will feel ok...it is the anticipation that is worse than the date itself, and you will feel stronger than you think. The day will come and go, just try and do usual things that you would do anyway and you won't feel anywhere near as bad as you think!:hugs:

Ingenious
16-04-12, 19:17
Hi, I've had this before and its a very real fear, although to others it seems silly.

Not as silly as you might think - even Sigmund Freud had a fixation on the date of his death. He was fascinated by the numbers 61 and 62 (feeling they cropped up in his life a lot) and was convinced he would die between the age of 61 and 62. In fact he went on to live until his eighties :)

miss sparkle
16-04-12, 20:52
that is my little boys first birthday to i absolutely promise that nothing bad will happen to you :-)
In fact, let i will be on here first thing Saturday and will send you a virtual piece of chocolate birthday cake x x

crystal17
17-04-12, 23:37
Not as silly as you might think - even Sigmund Freud had a fixation on the date of his death. He was fascinated by the numbers 61 and 62 (feeling they cropped up in his life a lot) and was convinced he would die between the age of 61 and 62. In fact he went on to live until his eighties :)

I didn't know that! Good old Freud, he truly was one of a kind :D

katsen
18-04-12, 08:10
thanks guys, i will try to get through it. hopefully will speak to you all on Saturday....

amandaj
18-04-12, 12:35
you will speak to us all on saturday not hopefully , i understand where you are comming from with this as ive been same since my 42nd birthday and just wanna be 43 quick now ,as think im gonna die same age my mum did, but my sister is 52 now and thought the same thing when she was 42 xx

JMR
18-04-12, 15:24
I think this is more common than people perhaps admit. I remember when I was young my Dad having a preoccupation about the age 57 as that was the age his own Dad died. (My Dad lived to 63). Only last year my Mum was saying that she had now passed the age of her own Mum who died at 85 (My Mum is 86) & now I think she focuses on 89 as her Dad died at that age. I had a 'feeling' about the 19th July last year, that it would be particularly catastrophic one way or another.

AngelHeart
18-04-12, 16:18
I ha a fixation that I was going to die b4 my 30th birthday! I worried myself sick and had panic attacks daily over it and was very anxious! I had this feeling from when I was about 11 so was amadent it was going to happen! sent my self doo lally over it ! Well ......... I'm 36 now :) I think theres alot of people who have the same fixations hun! Try not to worry xxxx

EvilPenguin8
18-04-12, 17:11
Maybe if we had the power to foresee such things we'd also have the power to change them?

Blessed with supernatural powers ;)

teez
18-04-12, 17:16
ive had the feeling i was never going to get any older than in my forties since i can remember even while out playing dollies with friends at the age of eight they all were talking how many children they wanted ,,i grew very sad and said im not having any as im going to die,,seems very strange but its the feeling that came over me,,well next year i,ll be fifty,dispite having angina,high bp and cancer and so many other illness,s it dont bear thinking of im still here,,perhaps something nice is going to happen on that date instead change your idea of the date positive feeling goes a long long way

katsen
21-04-12, 10:29
Im still here :d:d:d

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

:D:D:D

amandaj
21-04-12, 11:17
we all new you would be xx

miss sparkle
21-04-12, 13:38
xxx

Acidomoduso
21-04-12, 17:11
Yay! You are now officially a super-hero. Go fight crime and forget about any ailments you may get as a human - you're immune now!

katsen
21-04-12, 18:47
:yesyes: