PDA

View Full Version : Piece of Mind Post. Which of these can you relate to?

FakePlasticTrees
16-04-12, 18:36
Deep down, I know it's anxiety, but its always reassuring to know others have had the same. Not just for me, but for anyone else who may have or had them.

If i number them, could you reply with the numbers you've experienced?

Thanks.

1. Tiny muscle twitches in any part of the body
2. Tight band like feeling in head
3. Almost daily headaches when anxiety is high
4. Difficulty in getting to sleep then waking early and not being able to fall back asleep
5. Wanting to avoid face to face contact with family and friends
6. Inability to look forward to things like holidays, instead focusing on negatives such as fear of flying
7. Off-balance feeling when walking
8. Stomach pains and aches and the need to use the toilet quite frequently
9. Stomach pains and fear when faced with social events like meeting friends or family
10. Feeling that your going insane, will never recover and will have a severely affected life due to the condition
11. Have irrational thoughts, like you will crash if you're driving, or drop dead if doing exercise
12. Have the 'Googles', constantly checking symptoms and anxiety related literature

And if you could get rid of one forever, which number would it be?

Lizziesaurus
16-04-12, 18:49
Quite simply, all of the above!
I'd love to get rid of them all to be honest, but just the ability to stop it before it pops in to my head would be nice.
I don't think it's something will just go away though, ever. Just something you have to learn to control one way or another.

FakePlasticTrees
16-04-12, 18:57
Quite simply, all of the above!
I'd love to get rid of them all to be honest, but just the ability to stop it before it pops in to my head would be nice.
I don't think it's something will just go away though, ever. Just something you have to learn to control one way or another.

Really? Horrible isn't it. I'm so sorry you've experienced them but it helps me believe I have anxiety, not anything more serious. Hence, the Peace of Mind. I've only recently admitted to myself I am actually ill, though i've had these symptoms for years. I hate the fact that I have it and probably will for life. How am i supposed to enjoy things like my wedding day when I feel like this? I am determined to overcome this. I sincerely hope you can too.

Lizziesaurus
16-04-12, 19:04
It used to really freak me out at first, I've learnt to realise it's just my mind now - nothing else. Sometimes though it is hard, sometimes I fear I'm about to die or someone I know will die either through a fleeting thought or a dream but it passes and I deal with it until it has to pass.

Have you spoken to a doctor about it? When I was on antidepressants they really helped my anxiety (which I think has helped me deal with it now I'm not on any meds anymore) they just didn't sort the depression out hence why I came off them.

I always find this forum helps too, it's nice knowing people who have similar problems and more than anything, understand them. It's a great comfort.

FakePlasticTrees
16-04-12, 19:08
It used to really freak me out at first, I've learnt to realise it's just my mind now - nothing else. Sometimes though it is hard, sometimes I fear I'm about to die or someone I know will die either through a fleeting thought or a dream but it passes and I deal with it until it has to pass.

Have you spoken to a doctor about it? When I was on antidepressants they really helped my anxiety (which I think has helped me deal with it now I'm not on any meds anymore) they just didn't sort the depression out hence why I came off them.

I always find this forum helps too, it's nice knowing people who have similar problems and more than anything, understand them. It's a great comfort.

Well, as you can see from my post in the other sub-forum, i was nervous of going to the doctors, but i've had a really bad flare-up and its made me realise I need professional help. So i rang for an appointment this morning but there was none available, so am trying again tomorrow. You're right about this forum, its incredible to get support within minutes, I'm stuck in my room as only my gf knows about my condition so to be able to speak to someone here is a great comfort.
Again, thanks for replying, you're in my thoughts :)

xvolatileheart
16-04-12, 22:04
I have every single one of those symptoms! If I could get rid of one, it would be the fear that I'm going to drop dead.

Lindy
16-04-12, 22:45
All of the above!!!!!!!!

Also, I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a holiday abroad. people must think i'm such a miserable ungrateful b*tch!!

I always, always, always, always think the worst. It's hard to turn that around....

vwkamper
20-04-12, 08:19
Hi,

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12,

That's me now i'm in therapy.

lexy

Kelseywelseyyy
20-04-12, 10:10
Every single one, you're not alone!

X

Mountainclimber
20-04-12, 10:19
Its all in the mind, its the mind playing tricks with us, remember control your mind and you will control your body. Has anyone had a panick attack whilst having sex ? NO!, and why because we are in control of our body, and our mind.

LuSmith
20-04-12, 16:54
All of them at some point or another.. its horrible but I'm going again for therapy for the third or forth time as I just simply want to get over this!