PDA

View Full Version : opticians appointment

rebeccad
16-04-12, 20:21
I would just like peoples oppinions on this please: i am 32 years old and have suffered with health anxiety for probably as long as i can remember although not as bad as i have since i had my son 5 years ago, i have had various obsessions, ms was a biggy for me that seemed to subside and now its the big c, ive obsessed about throat, lung, breast mouth all in the last month with various trips to the doctors i just cant shake it, now its brain tumor ive had a funny woozy head/migraine for about a week now and i cant shake the dizziness, i decided id get my eyes tested for reassurance, the optician said my pressure was high in my left eye she said could be down to anxiety as i was extremley stressed as i thought she was going to say the had found something behind my eyes, she obviously didnt, re checked my pressure which did come down, she also said behind my eyes were a symetrical she said i probably had it all my life, but now im worried why would she feel the need to mention it if it was fine, she said i could pay to have a special photo of behind my eye which i did and the camera wasnt working(just my luck) and to go back later on in the week for it when im passing. Im so upset and just keep holding on to the fact that she looked behind my eyes and could see nothing.
reassurance needed please x:hugs:

miss sparkle
16-04-12, 20:48
hiya.
just wanted to share that since Dec i suffered with terrible headaches and dizziness, fuzzy head, felt like cotton wool behind my ears!
absolutely convinced i had a brain tumor. i went doctors and she suggested eye vest, which also brought up the high pressure thing, my optition said it was most likely because i was nervous about my aPpointment-also convinced they would find my brain tumor!
anyway, repeated test, all ok.
I think that hug the risk of sounding cynical, would they suggest this special photo to make a few extra quid!?
I guarantee nothing is wrong.
i have now gone on to have other cancer worries, and the brain tumor has taken a back seat for the time being! x

rebeccad
16-04-12, 20:51
thanks for the reply i did think this but do you think they would have actually seen a tumour if there was one there? i mean can the naked eye pick it up?

Dollypop
16-04-12, 20:56
Hi

I had the exact same thing the opticians at Boots sent me to my doctors with a letter regards to high eye pressure. I ended up at the eye hospital and the doc said that everything was fine and it was probably my nerves causing the pressure. Don't worry you will be fine x

rebeccad
16-04-12, 20:58
thanks dollypop love the name by the way lol, it wasnt really the pressure thing that worried me because it did come down but it was more the a symetrical thing :-(

miss sparkle
16-04-12, 20:58
yeah, i think so, and they do the test where you look at the dots too foot they which i could be mistaken but think that tests for blind spots etc which also pick up if there are areas you can't see.
the women who tested my eyes was lovely and didn't mention any special pictures to me.
x