PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

Worriedgirl87
17-04-12, 08:19
Ok so I just got done writing a long post and my phone shut down, so I'm gonna have to re type this again. BLAH! frustrrated At the moment .

Anyways. A few months ago I was complaining about one pupil being bigger then the other.
I went to e.r he gave me cAt scan. It came back fine.

Now I was bored , so I downloaded a app on my phone called eye exam.

I took a few tests on there. I failed my macular test.
It's the test with a huge square with a bunch of little squares in the big square. And a black dot in the middle. I have to cover one eye and stare at the black dot while looking at the square. Idk how to explain it. But I FAILED with my right eye.

I am
Dreaking out because I don't wanna get macular degeneration.

I
Seriously so scared. I failed with my right eye because when I covered my left eye and tries to stare at the black dot my vision was So wierd. Like things turned black . Orr I couldn't focus. I don't know how to explain it. But I know I failed with my right eye.

Any who! I tooook a different test the astigmatism test an I failed that one with my right eye too.

It said the lines should appear black x but some
Of the lines appeared grey!!! (only with right eye)

Anyways my question. Is.... Could my astigmatism cause me
To fail my macular test????????!??

Or am
I gettig macular degeneration???????

Also I think my right eye might be lazy because I notice when I use my phone I concentrate on my left eye more then my right eye. So I'm just not sure what to think right now.
I am
SL scared to go to the doctor Im afraid es gonna tell me
I have macular degeneration. And I am afrai he will order a cat scan or X-ray nd I don't want be exposed tk anymore cat scans or X-rays. I'm so mad I'm havoc this problem :(

Hypo
17-04-12, 08:27
First off, you have had a scan so that has ruled that out.

Secondly.. those apps are for fun, they aren't really meant for diagnoses purposes. Sure, they may say they are but they are made my people like you and me, not health professionals. If an app was really accurate there would be no need for opticians :)

If you are still worried I would think about booking an appointment with an optician so you have a proper eye exam, but from where I'm sitting this is just HA.

Worriedgirl87
17-04-12, 08:30
Yeah but I had a cat scan of my
Head not of my eyes lol.
I don't know, because when I covered
My right eye Nd did the test everything looked fine, then when I covered my left eye then I
Couldnt focus well and I totally failed :((
I'm so scared :(( and I'm scared to go to the doctor too :(( I don't wanna lose my eye sight .im 24