PDA

View Full Version : Newbie searching for advice

En76
17-04-12, 10:00
Hello, I'm a 35 year old guy from the UK. I've had problems with panic attacks on and off since I was 18 mainly due to the effects of alcohol abuse.
I spent many years panic attack free due to things going well for me in my life so I wasn't drinking as much, but recently things have been getting worse and culminated in the worst state of panic I've ever experienced on Sunday night :(
I'm hoping to get some advice here today because right now I'm a nervous wreck. I assume I do that in the panic attack or anxiety specific forums rather than here?
Thanks

diane07
17-04-12, 10:03
Hi En76

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
17-04-12, 11:30
hi and welcome
sorry to hear your not doing so good...
Have you been to GP? regarding meds or counselling?
Whats caused the panic sunday?
Defo lay off the drink , that can trigger all sorts of anxiety...
I can recall having a panic attack over 10yrs ago now, that was so bad, i felt paraylsed, my muscles seized up and couldnt move, very scary...but its only the adrenaline in the body....
I dont get panic attacks anymore, havent for years..
Youll meet lots of new friends here, and after 5 days membership, can use the chat room too.
x

Pipkin
17-04-12, 17:46
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x