PDA

View Full Version : Urinating could this be ibs or monthly womens probs

jaynehal
17-04-12, 11:32
Sorry to keep going on about this urinating problem I'm even boring myself with it been happening since oct 2011 not every day but most days, this is always worse in a morning after two cups of tea it seems to settle in the afternoon but in the space if an hour an half I could go the toilet upto 4 times and then can wait the normal 4 hours, this is driving me mad, docs say it's anxiety and Cbt will hopefully help but I'm sceptical :(

I have been wondering if ibs which I've got or womens monthlies would cause this urination!!

Anyone else with this problem, I would love to hear from you! Please

Jayne xx

katielou80
17-04-12, 11:54
i urinate alot more around my period if that helps

Breezay
17-04-12, 16:44
Both IBS and my period make me urinate more. I had some pretty severe bladder problems last year, I was going to the toilet 3 times every hour. Eventually it went away on it's own.. It was miraculous! I do still get it now, maybe a week or so before I am due for my period, or if my IBS is playing up. Have you made sure you don't have a UTI? That's how mine began.. I, stupidly, left a UTI for 3 weeks (it was over xmas, then there was new year's - so lots of bank holidays, Drs were closed/booked up & then I went on holiday). I had 3 weeks of UTI and my Dr gave me only 3 days of antibiotics to clear it up. This went on until September when it suddenly stopped! It was infuriating.

jaynehal
17-04-12, 19:57
Thanks I keep trying to find reasons for this happening as it's been like this for months and my docs really sick of me, yeah had all test can't find anything!
Thanks
Jayne xx

granny number 4
17-04-12, 19:58
i too go to the toilet more when im due my monthlys x

Breezay
20-04-12, 17:02
Thanks I keep trying to find reasons for this happening as it's been like this for months and my docs really sick of me, yeah had all test can't find anything!
Thanks
Jayne xx

Have they done any tests at all? After a few months of it, my GP referred me to a Urologist who scheduled a cystoscopy, which came back normal. Dipsticks were showing slight signs of protein apparently but nothing more than that.

It was frustrating to go through all of that, I thought there was some physical reason for the constant need to use the toilet. Nothing seemed to make it better & certain clothes would make it worse :(

Keep trying to keep your mind off it & hopefully it will just go away. If not, it might be worth asking for some tests? You might even have a slight inflammation in your bladder or something simple :) x

AngelHeart
20-04-12, 23:47
I had this last year for 6 months and drove my Dr crazy with it. And it was anxiety. Soon as I settled down and accepted it , it went away. This is very comman with aniety hun xx

jaynehal
21-04-12, 11:01
Thanks guys

Yeah had cystoscopy, ultra sound and loads of blood tests an urine tests, all ok, so I guess I better just accept it's anxiety but some days I just can't, suppose that's what health anxiety does to me.

Thanks for the replies

Jayne xx