PDA

View Full Version : is 5 weeks long enough

Dizzydoll
17-04-12, 16:03
5 weeks on citalopram still abit anxious better than i was but headaches everyday is this long enough to know weather to switch meds or not?

nicola1980
17-04-12, 16:19
5 weeks is still early days, cit can take a while to kick in, maybe you would benefit from a dose increase? X x

Dizzydoll
17-04-12, 16:22
5 weeks is still early days, cit can take a while to kick in, maybe you would benefit from a dose increase? X x

tried increasing dose from 10mg to 20 n it made me worse n gave me scary side effects :(

MrRedShirt
17-04-12, 16:25
How long have you been on the higher dose?
Increasing the dose can sometimes bring on a new round of side-effects, similar to when starting out. They may well pas in time.

Dizzydoll
17-04-12, 16:35
How long have you been on the higher dose?
Increasing the dose can sometimes bring on a new round of side-effects, similar to when starting out. They may well pas in time.

was only on it 5 days then went bk to 10mg n thats when my headaches started been bk on 10mg for 11 days now...

my doc wants me to cross taper to sertraline which scares me so much 10mg citalopram in morning n 50mg of sertraline of a night...

MrRedShirt
17-04-12, 16:40
Why does that idea scare you? Is it the sertraline or the cross-tapering that you're concerned about?

Dizzydoll
17-04-12, 16:49
Why does that idea scare you? Is it the sertraline or the cross-tapering that you're concerned about?

im terrified of cross tapering it sounds dangerous...n im scared of side effects :(

dan1234
17-04-12, 16:50
10mg citalopram isn't a lot really. I went up to 40mg. I did feel a bit better but switched in the end. I would stick with it, maybe try breaking 10mg tablets into quarters and slowly increasing your dose. I understand 20mg is the minimum theraputic dose.

Dan

MrRedShirt
17-04-12, 16:57
im terrified of cross tapering it sounds dangerous...n im scared of side effects :(

Then I think you need reassurance. Maybe look up 'switching antidepressants' online, and you'll probably find some varying methods which can be followed.

Find a reputable source and together with your doctor, work out a very clear procedure for switching.

Side effects are different for everyone, and speak to your doctor about these too. He/she may be able to give you something to offset any that might arise.

suzeelew
17-04-12, 17:40
can anyone please give me some reassurance here....started citalopram about 15 days ago..started on 10mg for 8 days then have been on 20mg for 7 days...i am absolutely climbing the walls with depression and just feel so awful i cant take much more..its only thru this site thats ive stuck it out as i know you can feel a lot worse before things get better!! has anyone else had similar were the depression has got real bad?? will i ever start to feel better? i also take diazapam as and when i need it and propranolol...life was great a coule months ago then it all came crashing down...please can anyone give any words of hope to me? x

Dizzydoll
17-04-12, 17:49
aww sounds like we are both having a bad time im so scared and duno what to do for the best :-(