PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia and getting a job!

emu12
17-04-12, 17:33
Im currently in my last few months of university and at the moment having real problems getting to university for just two hour lectures, my mum walks in with me and I feel so guilty making her do that even though she says she doesnt mind.

But more recently I have been thinking daily about when I finish university (In july) I will have to be in the real world and get a real job where I will be out of the house all day and cannot go home whenever I like, or miss a day if I feel bad. I am only 21 and I feel I should be enjoying life while I can but I was wondering if anyone else has problems going to work or getting jobs because of their agoraphobia?

Sorry if that all came out wrong and confusing

Emma

grotbags
23-04-12, 20:24
have you considered working part time? That might be less pressure, and then you ould increase your hours if you're ok with it. I work part time from home as I am very agoraphobic and would never be able to hold down a job.

StokeyVic20
23-04-12, 21:49
I can't work atm, this has all stemmed from a traumatic incident two years ago. I now can't leave my house alone

I'm finding it difficult because I live alone, don't drive and struggle to get to the doctors and any counselling/c.b.t sessions sheerly because of my issues.

I'm twenty and I don't want to live my life like this any longer

I hope you get help soon

emu12
24-04-12, 17:52
Withdrawn - I hope you feel better soon and I hope you're getting the help and support you want and need. It doesnt sound great for you at the moment but things do get better, We should be enjoying our lives at our young age! Maybe we will have wild lives in our 50's instead haha :)

grotbags - Yes, I think if I did get a job I would start part time as this would help me to build things up, although I wouldnt get as much money it would be okay for now because I live with my parents still....I hope you are having a great day thankyou for the reply

Rennie1989
29-04-12, 13:52
Can I just say well done for getting to the end of your degree :) If I did I would be graduating in March next year with a nursing degree. Give yourself a huge pat on the back for that!

emu12
29-04-12, 17:07
Thank you Rennie! I have been given an extension on work, so I have untill July to give all my work in whereas everyone else has handed in already but I dont mind.

tt2012 - Yeah, my mum suggested walking with me because I kind of broke down at the start of september talking about how I wasnt enjoying uni and couldnt go anymore and she suggested to coming with me and thats whats got me to the end of my degree really!

Only 1 exam on the 15th and then 3 essays and I will be done :)

emu12
11-10-13, 23:15
Just an update as I have found this forum again. I now have 2 part time jobs and I'm really enjoying life!! Please don't give up hope I am proof to say things always get better :)

jill
11-10-13, 23:28
Hi hun :D:hugs:

WOW, YOU HAVE DONE GREAT :yesyes: I bet you are dooo proud of yourself.

I wish you all the best hun :hugs:ohhh and another big :bighug1:

LOVE JILL XXX