PDA

View Full Version : Am a new member - hello

barry
04-07-06, 09:34
Hi,

I have just registered to this site. I work in Switzerland and am suffering from Panic attacks. Originally suffered from this some 13 years ago or so, before the advent of internet forums etc.

Anyway, the Doctors out here, whilst being exceptionally good, have little assistance to offer other than sedatives etc. which I am reluctant to take.

I know for a fact that when I suffered before, the best thing that happened to me, in terms of resolution, was to stumble over someone else who suffered.

As a result, I am looking for the equivalent of a penpal(s), with whom I can correspond. I know from experience that whilst you sit dwelling on your imminent death from one of a hundred different scenarios, that there are loads of people with the same. And again from experience, the only time I ever laughed about it (at least felt a little relief) was when comparing "death symptoms" with other people.

I do hope someone can assist???

Thanks in advance,

Barry

trac67
04-07-06, 09:51
Hi Barry,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Daisybun
04-07-06, 10:19
Hi barry and welcome. It does help to chat with people who are going through the same experiences. There is lots of help and support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hayles
04-07-06, 10:42
Well Barry,

You will definantly find someone here to compare death scenarios with. Me being one of them.

This site has helped me no end. Like you say just knowing im not alone is enough reassurance in itself!

Hope we can help you back on the road to recovery

Hay x

manmoor
04-07-06, 10:55
Hi Barry,

A big warm welcome to you. You'll get all the advice and reasurrance you need here its great.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

polly daydream
04-07-06, 11:19
Hi Barry and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

chucklehound
04-07-06, 12:14
Hi Barry and welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Paddington
04-07-06, 12:55
helo Barry,so glad you found the forum,it is brilliant and offers such wonderful support,and laughter too!There is a post called.'this week i shall mostly be dying of....'it is hilarious and always ifts my spirits,you wil find it on main forum,ooh what is it under now???Try health anxiety or misc,i know it is there somewhere,i will gomlook my self too!welcome!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

giddy
04-07-06, 17:34
Welcome to the forum Barry
Love Helen

ceecee
04-07-06, 20:44
HI BARRY A BIG WELCOME TO THE FORUM,YOU,LL FIND LOTS OF GREAT ADVICE HERE TAKE CARE RACHELX X X

chedda
05-07-06, 13:56
Hia Barry and welcome to the site:D
sure you will find loads of advice,support and help on here
take care cheryl xx

fizzbomb
05-07-06, 15:20
hi barry
welcome to the forum,youll meet lots of really nice people and get some really good advice,feel free to pm me anytime you want to talk

take care

joanne

honeybee3939
05-07-06, 16:32
A Big Welcome to the forum Barry !

Theres lots of help and support here

Love

Andrea
xxx

carol1969
07-07-06, 14:32
Welcome to the forum, hope you get loads of good advice