PDA

View Full Version : help

needhelp1
17-04-12, 20:30
guys,how did you experience while having panic attack.:mad:?.so i could match myself with someone else symptoms. After my first panic attack two things i am noticing all the time.thinking about my brain how it does work(example why we r born as a human being..who i am ..why we r on the earth) then fell myself all the people are very happy and healthy except me...do we have to live with this same feel forever?:weep: i was very active util i get my first panic attack now a days i am not ..i want to get back myself with all your help and support.pls leave your valuable advice and experience.thanks for reading

nomorepanic
17-04-12, 20:33
Hi needhelp1

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

kittikat
17-04-12, 20:49
Welcome needhelp1,

There are lots of us here who experience panic attacks and they can give many frightening symptoms including heart palpitations, hyper-ventilating, numbness and tingling in hands/feet/face, feeling like you can't breathe or are choking, shakes, agitation, dizziness, sweats etc. You can feel like you are going to pass out or have a heart attack too. These are all irrational responses to the panic but they are scarey and you can get the feeling that you are not real too, like you have explained. This is called depersonalisation.

You certainly are not alone in your fears here. Have you been to see the GP about your panics? It really is a horrible feeling and you need to understand that it is just your mind and body reacting to fear. Have a read through the posts and in the links on the left to help you understand more.

Take care,
Kitti :)

needhelp1
17-04-12, 21:07
you are correct..few minutes before i got my panic attack i felt tingling in my feet ,suddenly i confused because of unlimited fear then i thought i might go crazy..then i was breathing rapidly through my mouth rather than nose...eventually i thought i will die. I visited couple of times my GP and he has reffered me for CBT..i am in the que now..i been waiting since one month to get reply from CBT group but no call from them..I am decided to go back to my home country soon and there i will start psychotherapy treatment..i hope until that this site will be my home,hospital and temple..thanks lot..:yesyes:

kittikat
17-04-12, 21:22
I am so glad you are finding comfort here....I like what you say 'this site is my home, hospital and temple'....I think that is true for many of us too :D

Just wanted to say I have recently started my CBT and I only had to wait about 9 weeks....not too bad, but any length of time waiting is not good when you are suffering so much :weep:

Take care