PDA

View Full Version : Heart jumping in bed

brucey
17-04-12, 22:10
Hello. I have had ectopics for years. I have had ecg's, the 24 hour monitor and heart scan numerous times - all fine apart from a slight heart murmur which they said is nothing to worry about. I am healthy, run 4k a day, feel otherwise great...BUT...when I lie Down in bed to go to sleep at night I have started to get a really big 'jump' in my chest, just as I am about to drift off to sleep. I check my pulse immediately and strangely it always seems normal and not even racing. I had this twice last night. It's not like the nervous twitch you sometimes get in your body before you fall asleep - it's definitely in the heart area. I am really worried I am going to have a heart attack, even though I don't get any chest pain when this happens. I can't bear to go through all the heart tests again (it's been 18 months) as it really stresses me out. Does anyone else get this? Is it because I have a heart murmur? So worried. Please help. Thanks

mdg11
17-04-12, 22:43
Yes, I get this every night. I am not sure why it happens but I’m sure everything is okay. I mean, I’ve been dealing with palpitations for years and nothing has happen to me yet. lol

brucey
17-04-12, 23:22
Thanks. It's not like an ectopic though, it's a really big thud/jump. My ectopics are nothing like this. Does anyone know what this is? Sorry to keep going on, but I really need reassurance that other people get this. Thanks so much

mdg11
18-04-12, 02:34
I know no one else has replied to your post so far but I have heard of people getting this. It seem more common than people realize. I get it at night and during the day. Sometimes the thud/jump is so strong I stop what I'm doing. I know it's scary but it is common.

Amysunshine
18-04-12, 16:26
I have had this. Its like a thud and for some reason the word "hollow thud" comes to my head when I try to explain it, almost like a dropping sensation. I funnily enough went through all the tests you did and had the same outcome with a slight murmur. I think it is very common, I dont get it frequently, but I do occasionaly. I will sit bolt upright and grab my chest but nothing else happens after it. It may just be one of those things...

kinnygirl1
18-04-12, 18:45
Mine does it at other times than just in bed - seems to come with a big adrenalin rush. In fact had one this eve driving home from work and been monitoring myself ever since which I know is not healthy for me! Have had normal ECG and 24 hour ECG too.