PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

EvilPenguin8
18-04-12, 01:17
I'm new here...

Was wondering if anyone had any tips/herbal remedies etc for night sweats? Increased dose recently and waiting for it to 'kick in' but my body thermometer seems to have gone nuts!

Thanks in advance.

EvilPenguin8
18-04-12, 14:41
Anyone?

Stormsky
18-04-12, 15:01
hi and welcome
i dont take meds, so cant advise why your having night sweats...
You need to give people some time to reply though, im sure someone will identify with your symptons.

jimsmrs
18-04-12, 15:59
Hi and welcome
Your post doesn't say if you're male or female,or what meds you're on. but this worked for me.

Keep your bedroom cool, I bought a climate control quilt, cos I'm post-menopause and was still getting hot,my GP also put me on a low dose HRT to run with my AD. Drink plenty of water during the day, cut down on tea/coffee or switch to de-caff. If you're on anti-depressants, some herbal remedies are not advisable.

hope this helps
lesley

Stormsky
18-04-12, 16:01
Hi and welcome
Your post doesn't say if you're male or female,or what meds you're on. but this worked for me.

Keep your bedroom cool, I bought a climate control quilt, cos I'm post-menopause and was still getting hot,my GP also put me on a low dose HRT to run with my AD. Drink plenty of water during the day, cut down on tea/coffee or switch to de-caff. If you're on anti-depressants, some herbal remedies are not advisable.

hope this helps
lesley
Hi lesley, the thread says which meds at the top, by title Night Sweats.. and thread starter is male..

jimsmrs
18-04-12, 16:12
Oh do excuse me for getting it wrong :mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormsky
18-04-12, 16:15
Oh do excuse me for getting it wrong :mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and im sorry youve got miffed over it with me!:wacko:

crazyscot
18-04-12, 16:49
I've been trying to keep my room cool, window open on first catch, this seems to work. Until the OH complains about being cold, or it gets too windy!! :D

EvilPenguin8
18-04-12, 17:02
Thanks for replies everyone. I do try to keep cool (window open at night) but then I wake up in a cold sweat ... can't win! Increased sertraline to 150mg a few weeks back but don't feel much better anxiety-wise.

Not sure HRT would do me much good though lol.

Cheers.

jimsmrs
19-04-12, 14:58
:blush::weep:
Sorry about that. As you can see my mistake was picked up or should I say jumped on.!!!!!!!!!!
The night sweats are one of the many side effects of sert

Stormsky
19-04-12, 15:25
:blush::weep:
Sorry about that. As you can see my mistake was picked up or should I say jumped on.!!!!!!!!!!
The night sweats are one of the many side effects of sert

jesus, let it go... it wasnt 'jumped upon' or in any way meant to be malicious....

jimsmrs
20-04-12, 13:32
Was I talking to you???????????????????? Who are you anyway ????????????????? 3 minutes after I posted the first message, you jumped straight in, it seemed to bother you more than it bothered him!!!!!!!!!! which I find strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormsky
20-04-12, 14:40
Was I talking to you???????????????????? Who are you anyway ????????????????? 3 minutes after I posted the first message, you jumped straight in, it seemed to bother you more than it bothered him!!!!!!!!!! which I find strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who am i?? (apart from the automated reply from NMP), im the first person who bothered and replied to your thread when you said no one would talk to you!
you may have NOT BEEN TALKING TO ME !! but at least i bothered to talk to you when you needed it... wont make that mistake again..
i only commented the guy was male, incase you wanted to edit your advise..
So The only strange thing here, is you.

monika
20-04-12, 14:54
Jeez, Stormsky was just trying to help out...
Lol, let's chill here guys!:flowers:

Stormsky
20-04-12, 15:10
Jeez, Stormsky was just trying to help out...
Lol, let's chill here guys!:flowers:

Thanks Monika, x

monika
20-04-12, 15:27
Thanks Monika, x

NP!:)

EvilPenguin8
20-04-12, 20:33
Don't argue ladies - just a misunderstanding I'm sure ;)

The important thing is for the increase to help, then everything else would have been worth it I guess.

Even night sweats grrr.