PDA

View Full Version : people that are/were lightheaded 24/7

violents0ciety1
04-07-06, 16:10
this thread is for people that used to and still are lightheaded all of time, everyday. i have this lightheaded feeling where i feel like im floating and everything aroud me just feels so unreal. i really need help. did anyone have this and get rid of it? what can i do to help myself? is their anything over the counter that helps? thanks

manmoor
04-07-06, 16:51
Hi Vio,

Ive had the lightheadedness before for weeks at a time it will pass. Ive found that when I forget its there it usually goes. Its just one of the many symptoms I get with my anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon

Take Care

Mandy

xx

PurpleRain
04-07-06, 17:51
Hi,
I used to have the lightheaded feeling alot!! It would last for weeks at a time aswell. I do still experience it occasionally but i find with regualar relaxation (tapes,cd's etc) i dont suffer with it so much, it helps release the tension build up and relax my breathing!

The heat at the moment probably isnt helping!

Take care xx

nomorepanic
04-07-06, 22:47
i had it for many years

Diet, exercise and breathing cured mine

Nicola

arethaire
06-07-06, 15:04
Hi do you often feel faint & or sick with it?

I had lightheadedness constantly through out the day, yet I would be fine whilst sleeping.
I had all sorts of tests & they found nothing, so put it down to panic/anxiety. I was given antidepressants (3yrs ago) for this & it did eventually go. But now I have it back again, not quite so constantly though.

I hope you are feeling a little better .... Take care ~ Cath x

violents0ciety1
06-07-06, 18:25
yes i feel faint a lot and sick, mostly when i think about it a lot. when i think about it, i dont feel faint, but i feel lightheaded very badly. i describe it like i feel like everything feels so unreal and weird and almost like im slighly less concious than i should be. its kinda scary and it makes it hard to fall asleep a lot. i just makes everything seem impossible to do. ive went to doctors and taken tests and they say it has to be anxiety. i might go on antidepressants. which atidepressant did you go on? did it make your lightheaded symptom go away? if it did, how long did it take for it to go?

arethaire
06-07-06, 19:00
Hi again ....

Yes I know exactly what your going through, it does make things impossible to do. I have been quite lightheaded for most of today & I was going to do so much around the house, but of course I couldn't. It really gets you down : (

The first antidepressant I took was Seroxat (paroxetine) I gave it a few weeks to 'kick in' & yes it did rid me of the lightheadedness.
I did change to Prozac (fluoxetine) after a while because I thought the weight I had gained was from the seroxat.

Cath x

nomorepanic
06-07-06, 19:58
anti-depressants did not make mine go away atall.

lifestyle changes did though

Nicola

Humly
07-07-06, 10:02
I was feeling constantly light headed for about 6 months and it was defintely worrying about it that made it worse and last for so long. I was always thinking in the back of my mind that it must be something serious like a brain tumour and I ended up having various tests which were all fine. As soon as I stopped worrying/thinking about it, the light headed feeling disappeared. To be honest, I started worrying about something else so it got my mind off the dizziness! I do get it from time to time now but I just ignore it and it goes away. Its all just down to anxiety.

So my only advice is to try not to think about it, which I know is sometimes impossible to do, but if you start distracting yourself with other things it may just go.

Hope you feel better.

LT x