PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline

pedngirl
04-07-06, 17:02
Hi there
I have been suffering for anxiety for sometime but the last 2 weeks have been almost unbearable due to some bad marital problems. In the last few days I've also been having panic attacks as well as the anxiety, IBS, sleepless nights etc etc.
I have been to the doctor today who has prescribed me Sertraline. Has anyone had any experience with this? Can anyone give me some advice? Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Help! I am having such a bad day.
Thanks
Elizabeth

polly daydream
04-07-06, 17:15
Hi Elizabeth, I haven't used sertraline before, I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you going through a bad time at mo and hope things get better soon. I have been on citlopram for two weeks now and can relate to what you are going through. Keep chin up.

Best wishes,

Polly

pedngirl
04-07-06, 17:20
Thank you. Apparently Citlopram is the same family of drugs as Sertraline. How have you found the first 2 weeks? I was told that the first 2 weeks could be pretty rough. How have you been?
BW
Elizabeth

polly daydream
04-07-06, 18:45
I actually started on a very small dose for the first week = 5mg then upped it the second week to = 10mg which I have found quite good to cope with, I had a couple of anxious days but on the whole not bad at all. I may up it to 15mg next week, if I can be brave enough. Have you started the drug yet?

Polly

pedngirl
04-07-06, 20:43
Hi
I am starting it tomorrow. I was only prescribed it today and I have been prescribed 50mg.
Seems like a mixed reaction to it from a lot of people - am a bit nervous about taking it but just hoping that it will help me to be better prepared to deal with everything else that is going on!!!
When did you start taking it?
Elizabeth

polly daydream
04-07-06, 23:26
I'm now into my third week, going to up it next week to 15mg.
Good luck for tomorrow, you will be fine.

Best wishes,

Polly