PDA

View Full Version : Skipped beats

Meg37
18-04-12, 20:11
Sorry for writing about this again but it is causing me great anxiety. I am having lots of skipped beats, mostly in the evening and usually after an evening meal. I have had several ecgs, the last today which included an extended rhythmn script but of course it showed nothing. The dr listened to my chest on Monday and heard one and said it is extrasystoles which are very common and everyone has at some point. This does make me feel better sometimes but then when it starts again I get all anxious again. Can it last for hours? Or even days? It doesn't make me feel dizzy or anything like that, just a giant thud in my chest or neck or sometimes a flutter. Im beginning to get consumed by this and I don't want to be. I am also experiencing really bad indigestion and irritable bowel which as far as I'm concerned is making it so much worse as until I had stomach problems I would only have one now and again. Any reassurance that this is ok, and manageable to live with would be greatly appreciated, I realise so many people have this with anxiety but it's just the frequency that is really starting to play on my mind.

bashley
18-04-12, 20:35
Hi meg I'm really suffering too. I have the ectopics really bad one after another. I have had them on and off for years, but since Saturday they have been constant it's driving me mad. I've been to docs he thinks it's anxiety and has referred me to a counsellor. The ectopics are so scary, it's one thud and a jump after another. I know people say we shouldn't worry but thy are so awful

Meg37
18-04-12, 20:44
Thanks for your reply :) this is the problem really, I just find it quite hard to believe that it isn't anything serious. When it isn't happening I can be all brave about it but then when it starts again I just loose it! I wish I could just carry on with my life and put it to the back of my mind! No one ever seems to be willing to give any definite e answer.

Annelou
18-04-12, 21:00
Hi meg

I had a really bad time with these a couple of months ago I wad getting them every few minutes for months on end started of as a fluttering but got stronger and stronger like a baby kicking in my chest! it ruined 2 holidays and my little boys first christmas, I had an ECG and monitor thing and also a ultrasound of my heart as I couldn't bare them any longer and i was convinced there was something wrong. Once I had all the tests and I knew they couldn't harm me and were nothing to worry about, I stopped stressing about them and little by little the started to tale of.. Now I do get a few a day but no way as hard or as frequent and it's all because I stopped worrying about them ( and started to worry about something else!)

I hope this helps xxx

Meg37
18-04-12, 21:22
It does help thank you, I know it's a cliche but it's good to know it's not just me! I just can't believe when it does it 2/3 in a row for days on end that it's technically fine!

Meg37
20-04-12, 04:51
It's 4.51 am and I've just woken up with skipped beats. Don't feel bad just getting a big thud in the chest probably every minute, I swear it's because I also have a really windy tummy. I am trying my best to just ride it out though and not panic as that won't get me anywhere. I can't see any end to this at the moment! How can this be normal!!

JcbyFong
20-04-12, 08:12
I just find it quite hard to believe that it isn't anything serious.

Meg37
20-04-12, 11:00
Me too, but apparently it's 'normal'!!

katielou80
20-04-12, 11:19
meg babe. please read all my posts. ive had 7 or more a minute since octiber 2010. i have them ALL the time! drs arnt fussed atall!! not even giving me tests! i have 2 kids and a hubby and i find it really hard some days! just look at the palputation forum x