PDA

View Full Version : I really really need to de-stress but dont know how

lindajane1971
18-04-12, 21:21
Hi All,

I am so very stressed right now, ive got work (well lack of it) problems, family problems, money problems, my health anxiety is at an all time high, and today i had a small panic attack which scared the hell outta me, and ive had a headache ever since.
to top it all off its the anniversary of my mums death next tuesday and my grandad's 5 days later,
im tired, irritable, my whole body is constantly tensed up. i cant concentrate, and im very depressed about my weight (very over)
i cannot switch off my mind with worrying, i would not like to take my blood pressure right now, it must be off the scale.
Oh and im still doing my main job - carer for my elderly grandmother.
Baths dont help, tried listening to soothing music, have downloaded a few realxation apps for my phone, all to no avail.
i just wanna sit on my big butt and be miserable ,which is not the way out of this i know but i just cant help myself.
Linda :weep:

AngelHeart
18-04-12, 21:52
Hi hun, I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way at the moment. I too lost my Mum and Gramps, same year within months of each other. I also care for my nan but not as much as you as I have other family to share it with. So I totally understand what you are going through.

I do most of the things that you do to try and relax but I also read and play simple games on the computer too. I find that I can totally loose myself in a book and I have to read every night before going to sleep to get me in that mode and calm me down, Choose a book thats uplifting and light hearted ( no horror books lol ) I love Danielle steel stories. Also I play games like mahgong that dont stretch your brain too much and are easy to play but somewhat keep you distracted. Sorry its not much help. Hope you can find your niche as to what can calm you down, its awful when you feel that way and I truely sympathize with you. Take care xx

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

P.S I go the gym too :) Or go cycling or for a walk and just try not to think of anything but nature around you and listen to it all, to try and stop the mind chatter. This will also help you feel better in yourself too xx

lindajane1971
18-04-12, 22:54
thank you Pauline for replying.
I wish I could go to the gym. but I'm so overweight I can't bear to go and look so stupid. I also won't go out alone coz of the anxiety. would love to read again but can't concentrate on anything at the mi, except anxiety of course, that has my full attention!!
couldnt resist and just did my bp, surprised to see it was 121/80 so that's one good thing.