PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline

pedngirl
04-07-06, 18:01
Hi
I have been to the doctor today who has prescribed me Sertraline,(50mg) for anxiety, stress and panic attacks. Has anyone had any experience with this? Can anyone give me some advice? Help!
Thanks
Elizabeth

lass
04-07-06, 18:11
I tried this very recently, and a friend of mine has had it to. My friend was great on it, felt much better, more relaxed, less stressed - the only side effect she had was on her sex drive (as in, loss of interest!).

Unfortunately I had a really bad reaction to it - I took 1/2 dose for 4 days and it made me depressed, nauseous, shaky, really low, spaced out ..... My doctor told me to come off it as it obviously wasn't helping!

I think side effects are common on the first few days, but not usually as severe as I had. Please don't let my experience put you off as I think it is very rare - however I would advise that if after the first 3 or 4 days you are feeling much much worse, then go back to your GP!

It wasn't for me, but it helped my friend a great deal. Hope it suits you too!

Please contact me if there is anything else you want to know.

Caroline
xx

pedngirl
04-07-06, 20:45
Thank you for the advice. I definately seems that it depends on the individual.
Have you moved on to a different drug now?
Elizabeth
x

Jenny
04-07-06, 20:54
I have been taking Sertraline for about 3 years now. The first few days I felt sick and couldn't eat much but then it passed. I was on 100mgs daily. They did keep me on an even keel, but I still had panic sensations. I am now coming off them very slowly with the help of my GP. I have decided I do not want to take prescribed medication any more. Trying natural remedies and healthy diet.

Best wishes
Jenny xxxxxxxxx