PDA

View Full Version : Setback - question for the girls

LC05
04-07-06, 20:14
Ive been doing better lately, not panicking too much.... until today.

I started taking the pill last wednesday (on the first day of my period) and I am still bleeding. I have been on the pill before and never had any probs, but the new one ive just started taking is Femodene. Im panicking that I am still on, and it is darker than normal. Has anyone else had this???

I've just moved to a new flat and my boyfried is working away so now im worrying about dying in the night and no-one will know. I was looking up info on side effects of the pill but extended period is not listed. Now reading all the severe side effects has panicked me...:(

nomorepanic
04-07-06, 20:20
Try not to worry - it is probably your body adjusting to the new hormones etc from the pill.

You won't die in the night from the pill trust me.

Give it another 2 days and then maybe call the doctor for advise but I am betting it will calm down before then.

Give it time to settle and you will be fine I am sure.

Sometimes if I forget to take my pill the period is heavier and longer so I think it is normal.

Hope that reassures you.

Nicola

ceecee
04-07-06, 20:50
hi yes i think it,s your body adjusting to the new pill too.i,m sure it will soon settle down.take care rachelx x x

whatisitnow
04-07-06, 20:52
Im sure its just the pill thats messed everything up a bit. I cant personally take the mini pill because i bled for 6 months on that. Told the doctor there was no point taking contraception if i couldnt have sex! :D
But apparently thems the breaks with the mini pill sometimes. Hope it settles down soon for you. Im sure it will & if your able to take the pill it should even make your periods lighter and shorter in the future once your body gets used to it..
Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

**whenwillthisend**
04-07-06, 21:05
hi i wouldnt worry about this....when i first went back on the pill after having my two children it never agreed with me...was fine befor...i tried 3 different ones every one made me bleed constantly, in between or before i had finished my pack...my doc was useless...in the end it made me so unhappy i stopped it last august...then still had irregular bleeding as a consequence of coming off it...im sure it has messed my hormones up as a few months later i started with panic attacks and anxiety....i wont ever go back on it again now..
im sure your bleeding will settle it may take a few months or you may need to change it....good luckx

Obsessive
04-07-06, 21:22
Hi

It will be the change in pill, i would try not to panic to much, i sometimes put a video on that relaxes me if i start to freak out and panic..... Try Friends i recommend it helps lol.

But honestly, your body is readjusting to the contraceptive thats all.

Why does life turn you upside down and inside out

Elle-Kay
05-07-06, 10:29
I'm sure it's the Pill, but even so, a 7 day bleed is not really abnormal - sure, the average is 5 days, but to get an average you have to have some above and some below that number. Try not to worry :)

Leah xx

p.s. Obsessive - I always used to watch Friends to calm me down, too! :D

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.