PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with this symptom??

Treacle
19-04-12, 15:19
Hi Everyone.

I have suffered with IBS for a good few years, and have experienced most symptoms. the one that's (that@s) most uncomfortable and worrying is quite a severe pain in the lower right hand side that radiates to my Groin, top of my leg and around to my lower back. it feels like trapped wind and i can have it for a few hours or all day! this time it actually made me go to the toilet ( No 2 ) and not to be too graphic, i was very gassy and it was of cowpat consistency. It has settled down now! I do get very tired wen i have this and this has also happened today. Would be gratefull for anyone who has had or does have this symptom and any tips on how to relieve it in some way.

Thanks so much,

Mandy xx

PinkRoxy
21-04-12, 06:45
Honey Ive has something similar to waht you descibe. Lately Ive been getting what kind of feels like period pain which comes in my lower back, pelvic area and down my front thighs. Its like I need to constantly put heat on it.

The stool situation sounds similar its like a pooey mucuosy thing aye sorry tmi.

I dont really know what can help the situation but I am going to go dairy free to see if that helps with the symptoms apparently majority of IBS sufferers are dairy intolerant.

Anyway hope you can find answers and get this sorted.

All the best aye

mistymoo
21-04-12, 20:20
does sound like IBS, if youve not read it get IBS for dummies book and it should answer all your questions, I bought it and found it very interesting.
I also have probiotic drinks daily, one a day and they have helped immensly:)

jaje
24-05-12, 00:47
Hi , I'm new to this but I need second opinions.I've had a re-occuring pain in my right side around my kidneys, back and lower abdomen and I also have tender ribs on the right side , this is a sharp shocking pain that comes around now and then along side a constant ache. This has been going on for just over three weeks now and I've been back and fourth to the doctors and hospital.

I've had ESR tests, blood tests and urine samples done and they have all come back fine , it was only until yesterday I was able to have an x-ray done which showed something rather embarrasing, baring in mind that for the first time during the three weeks this was the only time I felt constipated , the x-ray showed that my bowl was completely full of poo and the doctor was suprised as he was sure that I had appendicitis from feeling my belly. He said that I was just fully loaded and that I should take some laxatives.

After a few hours of taking them I was able to go and I'm still in a lot of pain , but I also noticed some black bits in my stools and I'm not quite sure weather I could have just been constipated for ove r three weeks or that there is something else that could be wrong , I would appreciate some help please!?

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 00:52
jaje - it would be worth creating your own new post with this info rather that posting on old threads as members may see the post as old and not reply.

rubynoodles
24-05-12, 09:32
I get discomfort in the lower right hand side too and what I can only describe as a stitch-like discomfort rather than it actually being very painful and it feels as though that part of my intestinal area goes into some sort of spasm which I dont have any control over, its really horrible and uncomfortable;(