PDA

View Full Version : esa appeal lost :(

wigglywoo12
19-04-12, 19:23
hi folks

can i ask for some help and advice please i have been on a waiting list for an appeal for esa for over 12 months now i am currently feeling rough with bad anxiety at the mo and have been for the past few weeks and just had my meds changed by gp and am seeing a psycologist.anyway ive been a bit naive and not consulted any legal representation for my appeal as i thought my evidence from gps psyciatrists and psycologists would be enough but obviously it wasnt.from the start the panel consisted of one judge and one doctor and wow what a hell ride it was the doctor was horrible with a capital H she was just plain an utterly nasty she made be to feel like a liar and everytime i answered a question she kept pulling funny faces of curiosity which i found very unsettling she kept referring to how i was smartly dressed for my appeal so i said well its been ongoing for over twelve months now so i wanted to put the effort in and dress smartly as i think you should for court hearings and her response was well do you only put in the effort for important things her attitude was dispicable to say the least i came out of there feeling sick my wife was with me too and she was clearly disturbed by the occasion i was ripped apart i cant go into great detail but ive suffered for 16 years now and to be treated like i was was nothing short of scandalous sorry its so long if i put it all in youd be reading for hours on end i just wanted to ask if this is the end of esa now or can i appeal any further even tho im questioning just giving up on the whole esa thing as its making me worse
thankyou

best of it is i want to return to work at some point im just not in a position to at the present

dan1234
19-04-12, 20:14
Hiya,

Firstly I would like to say it is a disgrace to have been treated the way you have.

I would have thought you could apply for judical review ? Otherwise there may be a formal appeals procedure. Could you find out some way?

I would get some advice for CAB. Have you checked if you have any legal expenses insurance such as the ones on home insurance etc?

Dan

wigglywoo12
19-04-12, 21:33
thanks dan im going to get onto cab or someone the word disgraceful is an understatement she even spoke to my wife like dirt she was truly awful her manner was something else is this how they are supposed to act at the end the judge said i apologise if its been a bit intense but that is how it is meant to be

dan1234
19-04-12, 21:42
I assume they sent you paperwork. Does it mention an appeal anywhere on that?

Dan

wigglywoo12
19-04-12, 21:47
the only thing i have received is a paper saying my i have been dissallowed the appeal and something that says i can appeal on certain grounds i.e something was missed out or the appeal wasnt conducted in the proper way lol i dont understand it im going to ask cab look at it i think it was as tho she was trying her damdest to trip me up from the start i was just honest i said i do want to return to work but when im a lot better like i said im suffering at the minute and was in the appeal room and to be fair struggled to answer questions because i felt so naff my mind was elsewhere

lizzie29
20-04-12, 22:56
My friend had a similar experience. Like you, she's one of those who genuinely deserves the support and she said they totally ripped her to shreds, and basically said that because she got a bus once (when desperate to get to her sister during panic) then she can do it again. I know that doesn't really help you but just wanted you to know that you're not alone.