PDA

View Full Version : PA/agrophobia and an important appointment

LittleMissSleepy
19-04-12, 19:40
I'm worried as I am partially agrophobic due to both physical and anxiety issues and have been called into see the bank manager! I've always had anxiety issues but now I've been having PAs I am really concerned I'm gonna blow it. The thought of just getting into town to see them is very upsetting, I've not been to town in 2 years.

Any advice gratefully received as all my PAs have happened in the safety of my home hence the extra distress at the thought of losing control in front of others.

mikewales
19-04-12, 19:47
Why do they need to see you ? whenever mine wants me to go in its normally to try and sell me something like different accounts or savings schemes ? Ask them why, if it isn't anything important then they can do it over the phone

kittikat
19-04-12, 20:01
Hi Hun, I have similar issues to you and i would flatly refuse to go into town to see them. If you can face calling them on the phone, do it, and explain your situation...you don't have to tell them all about your condition (unless you want to) or write to them and explain in whatever way you feel best and request a telephone consultation or letter of reply from them.

Sorry this is making you feel so bad.....hope you can sort out a happy resolve and don't put yourself out of your comfort zone and make yourself worse. Good luck.

:hugs: Kitti x

LittleMissSleepy
20-04-12, 13:53
thanks for your replies, but i got no choice as it is for ID purposes to set up a new account.... nerves are building despite a beta blocker.

LittleMissSleepy
24-04-12, 16:22
Just to let you know, I went for my face to face meeting at the bank and survived. :D Although I nearly panicked when she said there is a lot of paperwork to go through, print and sign. I could feel my temperature rising (which is an indicator of impending PA). A few slow breathes and I kept it together ok. Was out in half an hour.

I'll say this as someone with over sensitivity due to nervous anxiety, the lights, sights and sounds were a bit of an overload.

Strange to see town after 2 years of avoiding it. Glad I was forced to do it otherwise who knows how much longer I would have avoided visiting it. It means I can now go and get around ok, although slowly compared to my old self and do more 'fun' stuff should I wish too.

:yesyes:

tt2012
28-04-12, 05:06
It does feel good after it's done.