PDA

View Full Version : Asthma Worries...

kstro12
19-04-12, 19:43
Good evening all,

I'm having a pretty bad night :weep: I have asthma which I'm on steriod inhalors for, it's never been really bad and I've never had an asthma attack (which I'm very thankful for!) but it does get worse through the summer.

Basically, all day it's been particulary bad and I've had a sore chest along with that. I'm not really coughing but my chest feels generally heavy and not right. The problem I have is telling apart whether my asthma is actually playing up or whether I'm just panicking and therefore having breathing issues etc. Taking the blue inhalor doesn't help here because it increases my heart rate, I never know whether to take it because it may just end up making my anxiety worse by increasing my heart.

I have taken my blue inhalor twice tonight but it doesn't seem to have made a massive difference. It's not bad enough to warrant a doctor or anything but it's still very horrible and I'd rather it buggered off!

Are there actually any obvious ways to tell apart anxiety from asthma?

nomorepanic
19-04-12, 21:11
You tend to wheeze with asthma and if the inhaler isn't relieveing it then I would say it was the anxiety to be honest.