PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find on anxiety

PaladinX
04-07-06, 21:22
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-94787.html

check this out. I never read about anything like this here.. Does anyone ever experience this. I know I do. Its a weird feeling. Curious if there are any here that do as well

Obsessive
04-07-06, 21:26
Yeah i get that, sometimes i gent an idea in my head then all of a sudden its worse and i get a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, and i cant settle and it wakes me up, it can take hours, sometimes all night before the feeling goes away!!

Why does life turn you upside down and inside out

clickaway
04-07-06, 21:30
I did suffer a single muscle jolt for a few night on the trot, but I think it was in my arm rather than my stomach. I've heard of a few others getting it too, but it's nothing to worry about and it usually disappears over time.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

LC05
04-07-06, 21:32
I get this too - except I feel like my heart has stopped. I have posted about this before and did a poll - it seems like quite a few people get this:

heart/breathing stops during sleep? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8904)

PaladinX
05-07-06, 07:32
Yeah i get the same type of feeling. Sometimes the different terms confuse me, but I think we are all talking about something simliar. It only happens to me right before im ready to doze off. Not when im totally asleep, but im not 100 percent awake either. In that stage before your about to go to sleep.

I get a feeling thats hard to explain. It feels like its in my chest or center of chest. It feels like a zap, jolt, or like an eletric shock. Its not really a pain, but its something weird. Sometimes it does feel like your heart has stopped or something.

Its hard to explain the feeling because your almost half asleep when it happens too. when it happens i know it has happened but im kind of foggy and not really sure wth it was. But since it only happens right before i go to sleep im thinking its anxiety or related to nerves. It must be something with the nervous system.

Wonderwoman
06-07-06, 10:36
Hi,

I get this too - just as I am about to fall asleep I get this horrible feeling that my mind is being dragged off somewhere - it jolts me and I have to sit up which makes my heart race etc. Its really scarey and can happen up to 10 times in one night until I get sick of fighting it and fall asleep.

I am sure it is just a magnified version of falling asleep but it feels like if I don't fight it then I will never get back from wherever I am being dragged to.

Sharon

carol1969
07-07-06, 14:07
Yes i jump when im nodding off I jump and its like a electric shock that goes to my feet. It scares me when it happens i dont like it and it usually takes me ages to fall back to sleep.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

PaladinX
08-07-06, 20:54
so it can happen anywhere .. that electric shock? Iusually feel it in the center of my chest.. or where my heart/stomach is.. I always thought it was my heart or a heart problem

billber
11-07-06, 16:32
i used to get the same thing just as i was nodding off and it used to shake me up a lot! but in the end i tryed letting it be and not reacting when it happened and it started to feel a bit like a rush and even sometimes it was exciting in a good way (like a rush from drugs if you know what thats like) but they have stoped now. i think it is prob just a release of natural chemicals in your brain and will do no harm but thats just my guess

juju
05-08-06, 21:11
i have this too i always thought it was the panic rising? someone told me it is a temparature wave your body is balancing out itself?