PDA

View Full Version : Feeling better since stopping..

alfredo1
20-04-12, 09:07
Hi all,

I stopped taking sertraline on Monday and started the ven on tuesday.

I have to say, instantly I'm feeling better. Its very strange but my mood has lifted, i feel less anxious, no suicidal thoughts, no doom and gloom. This is very strange that it happened to quickly. Anyway, i'm not going to question it but just makes me realise that the sertraline obviously wasn't for me.

I hope you all have a better success on them that me of course.

Has anyone heard from Cathy Crumble.....how is she getting on?

The main thing that worries me about the ven is weight gain.....if i carry on the way i'm feeling though, I have motivation now to hit the gym!!!

I'm keeping EVERYTHING crossed that these work out for me. THe past 4 months have been absolute hell, i really do not want to go through that ever again.

Happy Friday all :yesyes:

Kel
xxxxxxxxxx

Knowlesi
20-04-12, 10:01
Hey Kel, glad to hear that you've had such a poistive reaction to the new meds. I've just changed from mirtazapine to venlalic and have to say I've gone totally the opposite with my anxiety going through the roof.

I though venlafaxine caused weight loss? It has certainly kerbed my appetite this week.

Best of luck, hope you continue to feel beter.

alfredo1
20-04-12, 10:47
Thanks - I hope you feel better soon. They all react so differently don't htey with people. Its just a case of testing and trying isn't it.

I've read weight loss and weight gain on them. Seems the weight gain is quite extreme!

I was on sertraline for 10 weeks - made me feel awful. I lost my appetite - when I did eat all i ate was crap!

Anyway, i hope things get better. As they say, sometimes it has to get worst before gettnig better doesn't it.

x

ems73
20-04-12, 16:15
Great news Kel

I'm seriously considering trying Ven.

So difficult to know what to do, I have a bit of improvement on Prozac but not back to myself and have fairly regular bad days.

Do I accept that's as good as it will get, learn to live with this anxiety (although it's really just living half a life) or keep trying different meds and hoping something will get me back to normal.

It's hard as meds have worked brilliantly for me in the past I don't know why they aren't now.