PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

chascat
20-04-12, 10:25
Good morning folks, hope you don't mind me joining.

I am currently being treated for breast cancer but ironically that's not what's worrying me. For years now i've had a fear of Motor Neurone Disease, starting when I saw a documentary about 20 years ago, i've carried this fear since. My muscles twitch really badly, but not constantly, sometimes for weeks on end and sometimes not at all but over the years I've kind of accepted that it's benign, however over the last few days my fears have resurfaced big time. It started when I woke up and my eyelids didn't open. I realise everyone has this as times and the reality of it is that i'm currently undergoing chemotherapy and this causes dry eyes so expect that's what it is but i'm now scared to sleep in case my eyes don't open. Then yesterday, I was leaning on my fist and when to talk and my mouth didn't open. Now I don't know if this is real or perceived, it was so split second I just don't know, it felt like my tongue had stuck to the roof of my mouth so that's what if might have been, if it happenned at all. However now i'm back on the what if treadmill, i've been awake all night and am terrified to talk in case I start slurring my words, i'm so scared. It's ridiculous to think i'm currently fighting cancer and fearing something that in reality I expect is all in my mind, I know i'm being stupid but the tears still flow and I can't stop the worry.
Any words of advice would be very welcome. Thank you for listening x

diane07
20-04-12, 10:26
Hi chascat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mountainclimber
20-04-12, 10:32
Welcome on board, lots of friends here for you to chat with. Please stop worrying
remember fear is all in the mind, try and think nice thoughts for today, be nice to yourself, treat yourself to a nice big tub of your favorite ice cream and sit down and relax. Your be fine .:hugs:

Kelseywelseyyy
20-04-12, 10:49
Like you said, you know its just the anxiety, but when you're having an attack or irrational anxiety its hard to reassure yourself. Just keep telling yourself over and over again its only anxiety. Maybe read your post back when you're anxiety is heightened and remind yourself its just the anxiety.

Hope you're feeling better, fighting something physical like cancer, you're strong don't let something mental like anxiety win!

teez
20-04-12, 15:09
hello chascat i know how you feel with this,,i had breast cancer 7 years ago this month,,and yes i get far more uptight with my anxiety symptoms than i did while going through chemo and radio which is hellish enough,,odd how we can get through serious illness yet something like anxiety can have me in a mess

Pipkin
21-04-12, 22:53
Hi there and :welcome:

You're doing incredibly well and I really hope that you find some comfort and support here - I have.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx