PDA

View Full Version : still have the pain in my leg & worried about dvt

GirlAfraid23
20-04-12, 13:21
Ok so pain in calf is still present, went to a&e on Monday, anyway doc looked at my leg & said it didn't look swollen, measured both with tape measure, saud they were both the same.
He did offer me a blood test that can check if you have a clot but then said he didnt feel that it was 100% necessary. So i went on my way without doing the test which im kicking myself about now. I wish I had just gone ahead & said yes.
Now 4 days on & I'm still having the pain with bad circulation in my feet & ankles.
No swelling or redness still but I know you can have one without the other.
Hoping someone can help me?
I finish work at 6.30, wondering if I should go back tonight to a&e and ask them to do the blood test. Then il know for sure. Will they give me the results there & then?

nomorepanic
20-04-12, 14:05
The best thing to do is go back to the docs and ask for the blood test and not A&E. If the doc wasn't worried then it isn't really an emergency.

Do you wear the same shoes all the time as well?

Breezay
20-04-12, 16:55
I'd go back and get the test. I had one done earlier in the year and the results were with the Dr within 2 hrs or so. It's definitely worth it, if only for your peace of mind.

I have pains in my legs on and off, it freaks me out no end! I try to take my mind off it and see if the pain disappears when I'm not paying attention to it.

GirlAfraid23
20-04-12, 22:11
Nicola, I wear various shoes but mainly flat pumps & for work.

Breezay, do you mean go back to a&e and get the test done tonight? Do you thnk its necessary?

nomorepanic
20-04-12, 22:14
I was told to vary my shoes as I wear flat shoes all the time and the doc said to get at least 3 pairs of trainers and not wear the same ones all the time.

I think Breezay meant go to the docs and not A&E