PDA

View Full Version : Flu & so much adrenaline/butterflies

peter34uk
20-04-12, 14:52
Hi all,

Ive had a bad dose of the flu this week. Slowly getting through it but since last night my stomach has been awash with adrenaline..or serious butterflies.

I only had 2 hours sleep and today i can only manage to eat something small.

Its like someone turned the tap on in my tummy full blast!

My usual pulse is between 68-75. At the mo its between 85 & 100 which also makes me anxious.

Ive a history of anxiety but i been doing so well these past few years!

Has anyone else had this? Any reassurance much appreciated. :weep::weep:

teez
20-04-12, 14:59
ohhh yes im fine when im actually ill,,like with the flu or like when i had the noro virus twice in two months but the minute i start to feel better all hell breaks loose seems,,my anxiety levels go through the roof ,,another friend with the same problems has told me the same happens to her so we are not alone

swgrl09
20-04-12, 15:05
When you are sick in general your pulse/heart rate will be higher than normal. It's just a symptom of being sick. But I def get how you're feeling, I was down with a bad virus all week last week. I didn't eat for days because my stomach was so bad. I wasn't sure if it was the virus or my anxiety about my illness. I didn't sleep well even when i was feeling a little better. Don't be afraid though if it takes a little while to get your appetite back.