PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness/yawning

LuSmith
20-04-12, 16:51
Hey...

I've been a sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks for a long time now so I should probably know this by now.. but because I haven't experienced a panic attack in a while, I've been having a hard time coping with these feelings once more.

Lately I've felt breathless, like I need to take a deep breath all the time, or yawn alot. I feel that doing this gives me a headache then, or rapid pulse, or just dizzy feeling in general if I overdo it.

Is this normal for anxiety?? Am I just gonna have to put up with it til it calms down once more..? Is it just because I'm stressed?

I'm worried as I keep thinking theres something more serious going on.

BobbyDog
20-04-12, 19:35
I have also suffered with anxiety for a long time, nearly 20 years with one year off for good behaviour.:D
Mine came back 8 months ago, because, I was under a lot of pressure.
I do believe your symptoms are 'normal' for panic sufferers, I feel as though I cannot breath for a lot of the day and evening especially if I am not busy.
The only thing that gives me any relief is keeping busy or exercise.
I take my dogs out, even though I am breathless when leaving the house, if I walk really quickly it releases the tension in my muscles and when I return home I get a surge of endorphins which makes me feel more calm, for a while.

kind regards:yesyes:

greywind
20-04-12, 19:50
I feel like this sometimes too, and I agree with BobbyDog's solution :)

xvolatileheart
20-04-12, 21:32
I experience exactly the same thing. Feeling like I have to take deep breaths/yawn, then it causes headaches/dizziness/rapid heart which makes it all worse. It's a normal part of anxiety. Anxiety leads to hyperventilation which leads to the symptoms. One thing that I read that kind of helps is swallowing when you feel the urge to take a deep breath or yawn. I also drink some water and distract myself.

Anxious_gal
20-04-12, 21:39
Me too , I feel the urge to yawn n streach my throat?

agnes
21-04-12, 11:52
I find myself yawning constantly when I begin to come out of a panic..I think it's to get my breathing back to something resembling normal!