PDA

View Full Version : hey

ogsullivan
05-07-06, 01:59
hello,

my name is james, i'm 21 i've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for eight years now. i was taking alot of recreational drugs at the time it started. mainly ecstacy and cannabis. i kept quiet about it at first, not knowing what was wrong with me. worried that i had something serious. i've put off seeking help for so long now due to personal issues. for quite a while i've found myself drinking in the evenings to cope, often to excess. i really feel that i have to do something about this because i'm finding it harder and harder to function in evryday life. i hope that now i can get some advice to get me pointed in the right direction

james

eeyorelover
05-07-06, 06:01
Hi James and welcome to the site :)
I'm sure that you will find alot of useful info and a bunch of great new friends to support you :)
Sandy
eeyorelover

giddy
05-07-06, 07:07
Welcome to the site James
Love Helen

Daisybun
05-07-06, 08:12
Hi James and welcome. there is lots of advice on this site and you'll find lots of help and support on the forum.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

jill
05-07-06, 08:12
Hi James,

WELOCME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something
learn as much about it as you can
knowledge conuers fear.

Granny Primark
05-07-06, 08:28
Hi james,
A huge welcome to this brilliant site. You will get loads of help, support and advice from this site. You will also make friends with people that really do understand what your going through. Youve taken a step in the right direction to recovery just be joining this site.
Take care
Lynn

chucklehound
05-07-06, 09:04
Hi James and welcome to the forum.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

trac67
05-07-06, 09:13
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and makes some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
05-07-06, 10:30
Hi James,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Paddington
05-07-06, 10:36
hello James,glad you found the forum,you will get so much support and good advice here.It is commom for panics to be set off by reactiond to drugs,including booze!I drank way to much 4 ages,it seemed to be the only thing that helped,but i noticed that the next day the hangover would give me a panic attack,so it became a vicious circle!I weaned my self off it and now drink socially and not too much.Was not easy hun,but it needed to be sorted out.I think you should see your dr too,and have a good talk about what is going on.You have made the important step today by joining us here.It has changed my life sooo much.Welcome.Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Munchkin
05-07-06, 13:40
hi James,

welcome to the forum. i'm sure you'll get the help your looking for here.

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

chedda
05-07-06, 13:52
Hia James and welcome to the site :D
Know you will find lots of help,adviceand support on here
Take care cheryl xx

ceecee
05-07-06, 14:29
hi james and welcome you,ll find lots of advice here!take care rachelx x x

tracyp584
05-07-06, 14:50
Hey James,

A big welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

honeybee3939
05-07-06, 16:33
A Big Welcome to the forum James !

Theres lots of help and support here

Love

Andrea
xxx

polly daydream
05-07-06, 22:06
Hi James and welcome to the forum.

Polly

clickaway
05-07-06, 23:55
Weldcome to the forum, James.

I'm sure you'll find a great deal of support here.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
06-07-06, 19:41
Hi james

Welcome aboard.

This is quite common.

drugs
pls dnt judge.but did taking drugs contribute?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2426)
Screwed myself up using drugs (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5333)
advice on mixing citalopram and ecstasy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4824)

Nicola

emma chant
06-07-06, 20:56
Hi James,
I also suffer from anxiety ,i think if you talk to someone
close it helps.
xx

e chant

shalom
06-10-06, 10:06
Hey, James. I'm new here, too, and came upon your post doing a search for cannabis.

I know just how you feel. Personally, I used sex (with self and others) for over 35 years, gradually adding drink and grass until that became the secondary addiction, to escape the fears and internal pressures.

I got help when I ended up at an addictions counselor, who also got me involved in the 12- Step Recovery Groups. I was involved with them for 7 or 8 years and it turned my life around more than anything else. Like this site, it provided totally unjudgmental friends who know how I feel because they've BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. ALso, I was put on anti-depressants/anti-comp[ulsive/obssesives, and tha's also helped tremdously.

I don't go to 12 step things anymore, although I still do things through the insights I got from their philosophy and tools for dealing with life's difficulties.

The fact is, as a result of isolation from fellow sufferers, maybe I'm on the way back to where I was. Drinking more and more, getting high when I can, and fantasizing more and more about illicit sex as a viable alternative for walking through the fear of daily living.

So, for me, thats part of why I'm doing this site. Incredible site Nichola's constructed, and incredible people participating here!

So, good luck. Maye check out an NA meeting -- loads of fun with people like us, and this site's fantastic, as you've alreaedy found out, I imagine. I'm learning how to use it do "Search" for any topic particularly interesting to you, like I found you through looking for grass.

Good luck in everyhting,
Shalom

surreylady
06-10-06, 10:15
Hi James

Welcome to NMP. I am sure you will find lots of help and support here.

mandy xx

positive attitude brings positive results

mad_shell66
06-10-06, 15:22
hi james,

welcome to the site

shellxx:D

scoobygirl2005
06-10-06, 18:43
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here!

Scooby2005
x x

Amber
06-10-06, 19:02
[:X] Hi James,
Welcome to the site. I am new too, finally found the courage to register. have been reading the topics for months and it is a fantastic site. You will get lots of support here from people that understand! Don't be alone with your fears!

Take Care and don't give up posting.
Love
Amber x