PDA

View Full Version : Hi All. Thought I had better introduce myself!

Professor Yaffle
20-04-12, 18:35
Hi everyone,

I have been looking at some of the posts on this site for a while now and just thought I should introduce my self to you all... It's a bit late as I actually wrote my first post yesterday (!).

Feel free to read about my issues with panic and anxiety by clicking on my username and viewing my "Panic - My story so far..." thread,

I look forward to playing a more active part on NMP from now on :)

diane07
20-04-12, 18:38
Hi Professor Yaffle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

MrRedShirt
20-04-12, 18:38
Hello Professor Yaffle - I remember you from my childhood :)

I joined this site just over 2 weeks ago and have found everyone to be really friendly and helpful, I'm sure you'll find the same too.

:welcome:

kittikat
20-04-12, 19:03
:welcome: Professor Yaffle.

I have already read your "Panic - My story so far..." thread and I am sorry that your anxieties have continued on an off for many years. So much of what you say makes sense, and I think if we are 'pre-disposed' to anxiety it will always be with us to some extent. Lots of us here have peroids of being able to function relatively 'normally' and then all of a sudden....out of the blue, it knocks us back down again.

I wish you lots of luck in your journey and hope you find some comfort fron being here among like minded, understanding, friendly and supportive people.

Kitti :)

snowgoose
20-04-12, 19:21
Hi Prof :)

Welcome to the family ........nice to meet you :welcome:
read your other post and understand every word you wrote .
Lots of support here .and as you say lots to give as well .
seriously nice forum and so glad you found us xx

Vanilla Sky
20-04-12, 21:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Professor Yaffle
22-04-12, 16:44
Thanks all for your kind words everyone and thanks for reading my somewhat lengthy first post! I just thought I should put pen to paper, so to speak, and once I started couldn't seem to stop!

In regards to my username, whilst I was of course a massive Bagpuss fan in my younger days, I picked up on the name whilst watching the very funny TV comedy "Peep Show" the other day and Super Hans refers to Mark (a character whose mass of neuroses I can often identify with!) as Professor Yaffle... Well, it made me chuckle anyway...:D