PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed. and Over Thinking

CrazyC
20-04-12, 21:41
Im not sure if this is the right section but it is part of my anxiety so thought i would share it to get it out of my head. Today i met someone and before they left i grabbed their hand shook it and said nice to meet you. (no idea why) and they looked shocked and confused which made me really embarrassed. They asked if i was in tomorrow and i said yes...yeh..then was like oh no wait no im not!!!! i felt such an idiot i felt bright red hot and flustered and kinda faint.

I cant even remember what they said to me before i grabbed their hand.

Now i cannot stop thinking about it. What did they say? What must they think of me now? are they going to tell everyone else im crazy? What should i do?

When i meet new people im shy and cant get my words out and stutter, chat rubbish feel in a daze as if they are not even speaking english. :doh: why cant i just listen and respond like a "normal" person.

sarahjb
20-04-12, 21:56
Hey I understand because I am exactly the same!! I can tie myself in knots!! Im sure they werent thinking you were mad. I think you actually were being confident by shaking their hand!!
one more thing
YOU ARE NORMAL !!
Sarah

vicky23
21-04-12, 09:07
aww I feel for you I've done silly things like that before A LOT but in time the memory will become less embarrassing. Try to find the funny side of it I think that helps.

Blade
21-04-12, 16:55
I could have wrote that myself crazy , these days i just try and be quiet until i know what im going to say , less is more , is my motto now

Feel for ya , but really dont worry about it

Blade

Anxious_gal
21-04-12, 19:22
Were you having anxiety before this?
Anxiety affects your rational thinking .
Or do you have OCD maybe ?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Or maybe you meant to say it was nice seeing you n it just came out the wrong way ?